Let's talk music...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 StaceyE

• 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

Ok, ladies - I need some advice. I am not sure what to do about music! For the actual ceremony and then reception. I've read some great things about DJ's and Ipod's. When I ask friends/family they tell me that IPod would be a pain in the butt...what has worked best? And if you did have a DJ - who do you recommend? And I would love to walk down to something other than recorded music...any suggestions on this? Oh...I'm getting married at Dreams Cabo, this may be useful. Thanks so much, i know i can count on you guys to give me great suggestions/advice!

#2 PaulaV

• VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:57 PM

Hi Stacey!

Have you tried doing a search for this in a sub-forum?
      There are quite a few threads out there on this subject that were helpful to me.
      We ended up using an iPod.

#3 djpaco

• Banned
      • 17 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:02 PM

Hello StaceyE,

I would to say that you can use a nice trio for walk down, and also for cocktail hour and then a Dj for dinner and reception, that way you can have both, live and recorded music at once. We the Djs are to please your specific taste for music, our work is to create the special atmosphere for you and your family and friends.

If you need some more information for Dj services this is my email

my web site

Baja Pro Audio - Home Page

#4 Copita

• 979 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:23 PM

Do they offer a trio that plays music for the reception? Or a pianist? Check that out.
          See if they have a DJ or band for the reception.

#5 Jackie

• 2,290 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:21 PM

You could always hire a Mariachi band for the Ceremony/Cocktail hour and then do either a DJ or I-pod for the reception. That way you arent walking down to recorded music.
            My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review

#6 StaceyE

• 6 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

Thank you so much for all your advice. I'm definitely going to look in to live music for the ceremony and I'm still undecided about the reception - most likely going to use a DJ though. If you have heard of any great live music group - trios or Mariachi bands, let me know! Thanks again!!!

#7 dinogomez.com

• 5,705 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:42 PM

Dino Sent you!

Ricardo PatiĀ±o AKA dj richie
                DJ System - disc jockey entertainment in Mexico - dj services for your party in Mexico

#8 pattyfop

• 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:25 AM

i need a mariachi band for my wedding in late February, does anybody know of how I get one, our hotel said they would get me one &  would cost 650. for every 45 min. sounds kind of high for a trio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users