Photo

Veils....Did you/will you wear one? Have pic?

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#31 TammyB

TammyB
  • 10,630 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:37 PM

ROFL, Well Jessalyn if Jonathan says you should wear one, then the decision has been made.. ROFL... In all honesty I do think with your dress it will look amazing. I can see where some dresses a veil would take away from the dress (IE mine, IMO) Awe, you are going to look so pretty... Jonathan you better hurry up when you take her pictures :-)

#32 EDYTA

EDYTA
    • 1,277 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:38 PM

So I just came back from my dress fitting here is a pic of my veil..its long and very simple...and btw Jessalyn I think u could do a veil with lace it would totally go with ur dress because its very simple and has clean lines

Click the image to open in full size.

#33 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,680 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
      • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
      • LocationUtah

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

OMG Edyta! It looks beautiful..... what do u think now?

#34 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
      • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
        thank you. Veils just make the whole thing feel more bridal and real to me. I am wearing a hair feather instead of flowers. Hopefully i can pull the look off!
        I think the feathers will look neat..really unique. I'm looking forward to seeing pics.

Quote:
        Originally Posted by mgreen
        Hmm I think I'm going to attempt to make my own veil. I know how to sew and I think it would be fun. I'll just ahve to be REALLY patient (something I'm not LOL). But I want 2 tiers and just under the shoulders. Sew on some swvorski (sp) crystals and satin ribbon or somehting along the edge. I'll definatley have to make a protoge first!

What other types of fabric do they use for a veil other than crinolin?
        Ooooo...those are some good ideas about the ribbon and crystals. Did you see the link I posted about how to make one. They mentioned something about pearls sometimes showing up black in photographs? Jonathan, is this true?

I like the 2 tier idea. I think I'm going to try to make mine out of tullem not sure what I'll add. I want to see if I can find some beads that match the ones on my dress.

Be sure to post pics once you make it!
        My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
        Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#35 jthrasher

jthrasher
        • Banned
        • 486 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

Jessalyn, I don't know how long your train is. I would say at least butt length but preferably longer, like the on in the pic. It doesn't have to drag on the ground though.

I love veils with some sort of design in them. Doesn't have to be lace but patterns are very cool.

but... you do what you want. Im just the photographer ;-)

#36 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
          • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:45 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by EDYTA
            So I just came back from my dress fitting here is a pic of my veil..its long and very simple...and btw Jessalyn I think u could do a veil with lace it would totally go with ur dress because its very simple and has clean lines

Ohhhh...that is so beautiful! I definitely want a veil now!! I love it. You look great!! Beautiful dress!! Thanks for posting!
            My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
            Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#37 jthrasher

jthrasher
            • Banned
            • 486 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:46 PM

here's another

#38 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

OMG, Edyta, your veil is beautiful! And I so love your dress!

#39 EDYTA

EDYTA
                • 1,277 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:48 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by mgreen
                  OMG Edyta! It looks beautiful..... what do u think now?
                  I felt better trying on the dress today but as soon as i walked into the store there was this beautiful dress on the maniquin that i LOVE...but oh well its 2 late now and o my gosh im like the most ungrateful person I have to really stop complaining

#40 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                  • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:48 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TAMMYM
                    ROFL, Well Jessalyn if Jonathan says you should wear one, then the decision has been made.. ROFL... In all honesty I do think with your dress it will look amazing. I can see where some dresses a veil would take away from the dress (IE mine, IMO) Awe, you are going to look so pretty... Jonathan you better hurry up when you take her pictures :-)
                    LOL....I guess I DO need to please the photographer, huh?

Okay, okay, I'll wear a veil....a pretty long one.
                    My new man....Donovan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users