• Please log in to reply
734 replies to this topic

#481 josietoms

josietoms
  • 765 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:10 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by L&C In Love
    I am booking with the tour company this week! I am getting really excited! We are going there for May 2011, but as I am sure you know the wedding date hasn't been confirmed as we can't book it through the coordinator yet. We are hoping for May 11, 2011.
    How exciting - we have the hotel etc booked but just waiting until August to get the date of 24.01.11 confirmed - once this is confirmed i will feel much more relaxed - especially when so many others already have their dates confirmed for much later than us. I'm sure a few more will join us along the way.
    Josie x

#482 Meyer2010

Meyer2010
    • 429 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:34 PM

engaged_maya - I brought my wedding dress as one of my carry on items. They stored it in the first class cabin. No problem at all. I don't think you will have any issues. All of the flight attendants I dealt with were excited to help!!!

L & C In Love - We did bring an outside photographer in and I think the all day pass was $40 per person. Also, we asked the CAT to suggest a minister for our ceremony and they did and he was $300. We did the "Renewal of Vows" cermony since we got married in Michigan before we left for Mexico.

Hope that helps & Good Luck!

~ Erica

#483 josietoms

josietoms
      • 765 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:47 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Meyer2010
        engaged_maya - I brought my wedding dress as one of my carry on items. They stored it in the first class cabin. No problem at all. I don't think you will have any issues. All of the flight attendants I dealt with were excited to help!!!

L & C In Love - We did bring an outside photographer in and I think the all day pass was $40 per person. Also, we asked the CAT to suggest a minister for our ceremony and they did and he was $300. We did the "Renewal of Vows" cermony since we got married in Michigan before we left for Mexico.

~ Erica
        Love your picture Erica - you look so happy. Have you posted any photos of your wedding at the CAT as I have only seen Morgans all the others have been deleted or the threads no longer work - or is there a link on your photographers website? I hope you dont think im being too nosey.
        Josie x

#484 josietoms

josietoms
        • 765 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:40 AM

I have a question with regards to walking down the aisle - presumably you get to choose the music? If so what format do they require it on ie; cd or ipod or both? Thanks :-)
          Josie x

#485 Mischaka

Mischaka
          • 969 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:49 AM

maybe I should have picked this one but i'm going to the Playa Maroma. I hope there are no problems.

#486 josietoms

josietoms
            • 765 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Mischaka
              maybe I should have picked this one but i'm going to the Playa Maroma. I hope there are no problems.
              Why do you say that Mischaka
              Josie x

#487 lgregorash

lgregorash
              • 44 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:08 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by josietoms
                I have a question with regards to walking down the aisle - presumably you get to choose the music? If so what format do they require it on ie; cd or ipod or both? Thanks :-)
                We brought our Ipod with various songs as we were not sure how many we would need. the wedding Coordinator gave our ipod to the DJ so he could copy the songs. there is no need to bring any cd's or anything :). they used our wedding entrance song and a song for when we were married and walking back up the isle. We stayed and had our champagne on the beach so the dj just played various songs that he had on his ipod. It was great

#488 josietoms

josietoms
                • 765 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:19 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lgregorash
                  We brought our Ipod with various songs as we were not sure how many we would need. the wedding Coordinator gave our ipod to the DJ so he could copy the songs. there is no need to bring any cd's or anything :). they used our wedding entrance song and a song for when we were married and walking back up the isle. We stayed and had our champagne on the beach so the dj just played various songs that he had on his ipod. It was great
                  Thanks for that - i love hearing from brides who have already experienced a wedding at the hotel. Its sounds so lovely. Have you posted any pics from your wedding at all? Oh what was the weather like ie; was it really windy as i am getting married in January 2011 - as i keep reading about the wind. Thanks again.
                  Josie x

#489 L&C In Love

L&C In Love
                  • 245 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by josietoms
                    How exciting - we have the hotel etc booked but just waiting until August to get the date of 24.01.11 confirmed - once this is confirmed i will feel much more relaxed - especially when so many others already have their dates confirmed for much later than us. I'm sure a few more will join us along the way.

When you say so many other with their dates confirmed, you mean other hotels and not the Cat, right? They were very strick about not booking until August! Haha she is going to be busy at the beginning of August!

#490 L&C In Love

L&C In Love
                    • 245 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:57 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Meyer2010

~ Erica
                      That does help thank you so much! We really want to have a minister at the wedding as we are religious and I just think it will be more personal for us! Did you end up going with the minister and if so how was the minister? Did he/she speak english well?

P.S I really like that pic, very nice shot!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users