• Please log in to reply
734 replies to this topic

#251 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:16 AM

the limit is 20 people for having a reception in one of the restaurants. We were able to squeeze in a few extra people. Otherwise your reception would be in one of the buffet restaurants.

I was very happy with our reception in the mexican restaurant. having the reception in the buffet restaurant wouldn't be idea, but it would work. The main cons are that you have to serve yourself and it's open air so it's a little muggy.

#252 hulaqt

hulaqt
    • 18 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:23 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Amanda1520
      Congrats to the two of you!!

Glad to hear everything went well and you had a great time. Quick question, I'm debating between a private reception and the one offered with the package. We are having about 30 guests at our reception and I didn't know if a reception in one of the restaraunts would accomodate our number of guests. I know it was only you and your husband, but based on your experience what is your opinion? I was thinking if they were able to reserve the whole terrace then that wouldn't be so bad.

I'm just having a hard time justifying spending $55p/p for a private reception when everyone is already paying for the all inclusive. I know that the price also includes set up and stuff but I'm just torn and it's hard to decide without ever being there.

Thanks and Congrats again!
      Thanks!!! Re: reception...

There's so much wasted space - terrace outside of Bellavista and the terrace below Le Creperie...I wouldn't suggest a reception in the buffets. So, if you could - see if you can reserve the terrace outside of Bellavista - that's where we had our dinner and again - it was completely private and closed off to the public - our waiter, Eddie, was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also - it is quite muggy outside, but the view is breathtaking and you don't even care about the humidity!

#253 hulaqt

hulaqt
      • 18 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:25 PM

Octavio's site is back up and running:

Cancun Wedding Photographer Riviera Maya photographers

user name: chaya

#254 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:54 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by hulaqt
          Thanks!!! Re: reception...

There's so much wasted space - terrace outside of Bellavista and the terrace below Le Creperie...I wouldn't suggest a reception in the buffets. So, if you could - see if you can reserve the terrace outside of Bellavista - that's where we had our dinner and again - it was completely private and closed off to the public - our waiter, Eddie, was AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also - it is quite muggy outside, but the view is breathtaking and you don't even care about the humidity!
          yeah, i was wishing we did ours on this terrace. it was so beautiful.

#255 Amanda1520

Amanda1520
          • 31 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for the info ladies, this helps greatly. I will probably go with the private reception so we can have entertainment for our guests as well. Speaking of entertainment, the search is on for some good performers in Mexico. Any suggestions?

#256 claire.cw.watson

claire.cw.watson
            • 55 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

Quote:

Thank you for sharing your lovely photos! I love your dress, beautiful color.x

#257 MEYER2BE

MEYER2BE
              • Banned
              • 32 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:19 AM

Quote:

Nice pictures!!!! So did you do the "Renewal of Vows" ceremony? Looks like it was a beautiful day! Congratulations!

~ Erica

#258 MEYER2BE

MEYER2BE
                • Banned
                • 32 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 12:21 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Amanda1520
                  Thanks for the info ladies, this helps greatly. I will probably go with the private reception so we can have entertainment for our guests as well. Speaking of entertainment, the search is on for some good performers in Mexico. Any suggestions?
                  Yes... I'm looking for bands too. I think I want a Mariachi band during the cocktail hour. Not sure how much they charge. When are you getting married Amanda?

~ Erica

#259 soon2bevalentine

soon2bevalentine
                  • 11 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 03:02 AM

Hello ladies,

My husband and I were married at the Catalonia Riviera Maya last November. If you're interested in pictures, please check out the photo album on our website at Mike and Liana's Page. We booked a private reception for our group of 18 guests at the Pure Chill Out Bar and it was well worth the extra money. For our group of 18, we had 5 staff waiting on us. The food was great (and there was way too much) and it was nice to be right on the beach. We used Erick Rodriguez from Claudia Rodriguez Wedding Photography and he did an amazing job. I don't know if Cora is still working at the resort but she did a fabulous job of organizing our wedding. She's a real sweetheart and was very quick to respond to any of our requests. I was fully expecting some hiccups with having planned everything from home but I was surprised that everything went so smoothly. We're heading back to the CRM in a few weeks just to kick back and relive the beautiful memories.

Happy planning!

Liana

#260 MrsPain2b

MrsPain2b
                    • 25 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 07:55 AM

Hi ladies,

Just a little thank-you. Your posts are so helpful and have been a god send in helping me put the final touches to our wedding. Thanks again

Vicky

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users