• Please log in to reply
734 replies to this topic

#201 claire.cw.watson

claire.cw.watson
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:17 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MEYER2BE
    Ha-ha!!! I think I want to do them because I currently live in China and things are really cheap here... go figure! The only hassle will be carrying them over to Mexico, other than that I think our guests will enjoy them. We won't go overboard on them just a few small items to let our guests know we are thinking of them and thanking them for joining us! We'll see, I just started planning so I could get overwhelmed and lazy... hee-hee!

~Erica
    I think its also nice to have a little something from the country you're living in. Im in Korea, and was thinking about taking some stuff from here. You should take advantage of the cheapness that is china!

I change my mind like you wouldn't believe so I could end up with the mother of all OOT bags yet.

Did you chose a photographer yet? Im thinking about going with Moments that Matter.

#202 koolatta

koolatta
    • 321 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 10:36 PM

Now that you guys mentioned OOT baga..I am def doing them, but how am I going to get them over there. I feel like I'm taking eberything down to the kitchen table with me..lol
      http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#203 CatBride09

CatBride09
      • 26 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:16 AM

Hi Everyone

This may have already been answered but to save me searching, has anyone had their hair and makeup done at the Cat?

I've read a bit about the hairdresser but no mention about makeup.

I had a trial done in the UK last week and she made me look amazing, there is noway i could do my makeup myself that well

Thanks

Sally

#204 MEYER2BE

MEYER2BE
        • Banned
        • 32 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:30 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by koolatta
          Now that you guys mentioned OOT baga..I am def doing them, but how am I going to get them over there. I feel like I'm taking eberything down to the kitchen table with me..lol
          Yep... I know the feeling. The list of items I have are over a page long. I have to start narrowing them down! Look at this list! I think I'm out of control...

Hand sanitizer
          Sunscreen
          Can coozies
          Granola bars
          Ibuprofen
          Aloe
          Disposable Camera
          Picture of us
          Chocolate Kisses (with stickers on bottom – E & M 2.10.10)
          Candles
          Crackers/Cookies
          Ear plugs
          Eye masks
          Deck of cards
          Seed favors
          Tissues
          Candy – fireballs, Tootsie Rolls, Laffy Taffy, etc.
          Bottled Water?
          Hand Lotion (Bath and Body Works)
          Gum
          Manicure kit
          Luggage tags
          Mints
          Tea
          Chinese fans w/monogrammed “M” tag (to be used at the ceremony) Have someone hand them out.
          Map of Mexico highlights/Welcome Brochure
          Insulated cups imprinted with “Meyer Wedding 2010”
          Shot glasses with “Meyer Wedding 2.10.2010”
          SPECIAL BAGS for kids
          Crayons
          Toys
          Inflatable beach balls/rafts

I know... over the top huh?!?! It's fun coming up with the ideas... now it's time to cut the list in half. If I don't do that I will be buying an extra seat on the plane for the "OOT" bags!!! :)

#205 MEYER2BE

MEYER2BE
          • Banned
          • 32 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:39 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by claire.cw.watson
            I think its also nice to have a little something from the country you're living in. Im in Korea, and was thinking about taking some stuff from here. You should take advantage of the cheapness that is china!

I change my mind like you wouldn't believe so I could end up with the mother of all OOT bags yet.

Did you chose a photographer yet? Im thinking about going with Moments that Matter.
            We visited Korea in January and it reminded me of China. I bought quite a few souvenirs. I have been buying post cards from every place we visit and I plan on making one of those postcard guest books. Having all the guests fill out one postcard each and then having them bound into a book so we can always remember it!

I haven't even looked into Photographers yet! The girl that is doing our engagement pictures was asking if we had a photographer yet for our wedding. I would love to bring her but it would be too expensive b/c she requires us to pay her way + photo packages. As far as make up/hair goes, I haven't even looked into that either. OMG.. I have a lot of planning to do! Yikes!

#206 koolatta

koolatta
            • 321 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 01:03 PM

Meyerbe, Dont worry. My list is just as long...lol. I could imagine how much luggage I am going to have :)

CatBride09 - I have asked the same question, but I haven't heard of a single member who have used them for makeup I'm going to take my chances anyway cause I stink with putting on makeup and so do all my friends..lol...I'm just planning on taking pics for reference so she knows the look I'm going for.
              http://tickers.Ticke....4ed2/event.png

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#207 CatBride09

CatBride09
              • 26 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

Hi Everyone

I have been in touch with a lady called Doranna (found her
                recommendation on this site) she sounds really nice and the pictures of
                the hair and makeup on her website look amazing.

I am definitely going to book her.

Doranna Hair Stylist - Freelance Italian Hair Stylist - Playa del Carmen - Riviera Maya - Cancun - Tulum

These are her latest prices (Based on RM)

HAIR

Bride 200 USD.

Bridesmaid 95 USD.
                (discount for group)

MAKE UP ( by Olivia)

Bride 150 USD

Bridesmaid 95 USD

Also I emailed a lady on tripadvisor who has recently returned from her
                wedding at the Cat. She has been soooo helpful.. here is some info she
                gave me:

* Photographer/Videographer she used Mexican Wedding Photos & Videos | Wedding photographers

* She hired the PCB. The cost was per head for the meal (e.g $55 per
                person for Mexican buffet) this cost included all drinks (3 bartenders),
                hire of the venue until 10.30pm and decoration of the venue.

* A DJ is $100 per hour, she did not have a DJ but instead took her own
                cd's and hired the music equipment ($40/hr) and a microphone ($30 for 30
                mins).

This info may already be on here but it saves having to search through
                the pages.

Hope that a helps

Sally

#208 MEYER2BE

MEYER2BE
                • Banned
                • 32 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:21 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by CatBride09
                  Hi Everyone

Doranna Hair Stylist - Freelance Italian Hair Stylist - Playa del Carmen - Riviera Maya - Cancun - Tulum

HAIR

Bride 200 USD.

Bridesmaid 95 USD.
                  (discount for group)

MAKE UP ( by Olivia)

Bride 150 USD

Bridesmaid 95 USD

gave me:

* Photographer/Videographer she used Mexican Wedding Photos & Videos | Wedding photographers

mins).

the pages.

Hope that a helps

Sally
                  OMG!!! Those prices for hair/make-up and ridiculous! I think I will do my own for that price! Why so much? What does that include? Okay, I'm going to check out her website.

Thanks for the info! I had no idea this stuff would be this expensive! Yikes!

~ Erica

#209 MEYER2BE

MEYER2BE
                  • Banned
                  • 32 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:29 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CatBride09
                    Hi Everyone

HAIR

Bride 200 USD.

Bridesmaid 95 USD.
                    (discount for group)

MAKE UP ( by Olivia)

Bride 150 USD

Bridesmaid 95 USD

gave me:

mins).

the pages.

Hope that a helps

Sally
                    OMG!!! Those prices for hair/make-up and ridiculous! I think I will do my own for that price! Why so much? What does that include? Okay, I'm going to check out her website.

~ Erica

#210 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 18,759 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:53 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MEYER2BE

~ Erica
                      I paid around $75 for my hair. She came right to my room, too. I have had many updos & I thought she was great.

I posted her info in this thread somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users