Sign in to follow this  
LOTTALUV92

Help Mother Needs A Passport For Wedding

Question Ladies, Im A Little Stressed, My Mom Is Having A Problem Getting A Passport. Im Afraid She's Going To Miss My Wedding, There Has To To Be A Way... My Mom Had Her Birth Certificate Made For Her Back In 1986, When She Was Born A Birth Certificate Wasnt Made For Her She Was Born At Home. Passport Agency Will Not Accept Her Birth Certificate As Proof Of Citizenship, They Want Early Childhood School Records Which is In South They Could Not Locate. So Where Does That Leave Us? My Mama Is 60yrs Old What More Do These People Want We Sent Drivers License,voters Registration Card,highschool Records, We Are Running Out Of Realestate Here. Cant They Give Her A Temporary Passport For Year , Her Trip Is Already Paid For,, Need Advice Or A Solution,, Thanks

contact your congressman's office ASAP (also please don't write in all caps, its really difficult to ready)

I've never heard of them not accepting a birth certificate as proof of citizenship.That is nuts! Can you try applying at the post office with it? I know sometimes people apply for them there.

I am sorry and hope it all works out for you!

it's called a deleyed birth certificate. we went through this with my grandma. I'll find the info.

There are more options for proof of age. An older living relative, census record & more. My grandma located school records but there are more ways to do it. the last few people who I know applied for a passport got it in 2 weeks so you have time.

I know here in DC we have an actual Passport Agency where you can go to and have all the paperwork processed and get the passport in a couple of days. I know you have to make an appt but do you guys have an office in NY where you can actually go to and speak to someone directly? If you call over the phone they will just tell you no. I know it is totally different but when my daughters consent form didn't have a notary stamp or seal, a supervisor made an exception but gave me hell. They kept all of the original docs though. Just a suggestion, it doesn't hurt to try. But she needs to see if she can get an appt ASAP so they can tell her some different alternatives. Good Luck!!!!

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t14073

http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t16602

check these threads out

there are various agencies around where you can get one that day. New orleans, DC & more. You can see where your agency would be. There are also people you can pay to expidite it & they basically wait in line for you & do the paperwork.

thank you girls this information is actually putting me a little at ease,im still somewant stress but im going to keep hope alive, thank you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOTTALUV92 View Post
thank you girls this information is actually putting me a little at ease,im still somewant stress but im going to keep hope alive, thank you all
just take care of getting the extra identification ASAP. I would think the notarized letter from the older relative would be the easiest. We couldn't do that for my grandma because she was the oldest living relative.

Then make sure her birth certificate is the right kind. If not go down to the courthouse & get the right form.

Then mail it all off & hopefully she gets it in 2 weeks. I'd try to get this all in next week.