Photo

OOT bags - thoughts suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FinisterraBride

FinisterraBride
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:20 PM

Ok I lack creativity but I want to save money on the actual bag for my OOT so I can put more inside-

I found these canvas bags at Micheals for $1.29 and they had a 25% off sale on top of that so I just bought some tulip paints and here we are...

I added my own little touch and wanted feedback and suggestions before I do the rest of them - these were the first ones so they are a little sloppy but i hope to get better once I do 50 of them - the palm tree is missing its trunk... I still have to get brown paint

Attached Files

#2 monicaswave

monicaswave
    • 450 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:28 PM

They are a really good idea for a really good price. I really like the vivid colors. I can see though how this project may get a little messy. When using that kind of paint it gets really hard to not make it look smudged.

Have you thought about using stencils for a cleaner look? How about markers?

#3 FinisterraBride

FinisterraBride
      • 35 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:44 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by monicaswave
        They are a really good idea for a really good price. I really like the vivid colors. I can see though how this project may get a little messy. When using that kind of paint it gets really hard to not make it look smudged.

Have you thought about using stencils for a cleaner look? How about markers?
        That's what I am afraid of! It is a bit messy and would be hard to fix if I messed it up - markers is probably a much better idea, I'm going shopping again this weekend and will have to look for some.

Thanks for the feedback!

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:59 PM

I would suggest fabric markers too but besides that i think they look pretty cute. I really the sun design.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 merocket59

merocket59
          • 937 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:00 PM

I think you have a great start, I love the color combinations and designs. I think with a little practice you will get the hang of using the paint but fabric markers are neater so if they are not too expensive you might want to try those, it would save you time in the long run. If you stick with the paints just try practice squeezing it out evenly because they always come out in a big blob at first but you will get the hang of it.

#6 alex

alex
            • 1,139 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

I love the colour combinations too!!

#7 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
              • 5,681 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:58 PM

Great job! Love your idea!!

#8 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 12:02 AM

I wonder if a paint pen would work. they are easier to control. They look really cute though & it will help you save some money. I painted my cups instead of buying screen printed cups. I saved a bunch so I was able to put more in the bags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users