• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 PaulaV

PaulaV
  • VIP Member
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:26 PM

Hola!

My name is Paula and just came across this site while researching for my wedding.

We don't have a date yet because we are trying to find a place in Cancun Mexico.

I have so many questions, looks like I have come to the right place :)

'Talk' to you soon!
    Paula

#2 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:28 PM

Welcome!! First and foremost, where in Ohio are you from? I'm a Cabo bride but there are tons of people who can help you out with Cancun.

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:29 PM

Welcome Paula, yes you have come to the right place-we have quite a few cancun brides here!!! I am sure they can answer your cancun questions, but if you have any other wedding related questions please feel free to ask.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:46 PM

welcome to the forum Paula! You'll find soo much info on Cancun here on the forum!

#5 PaulaV

PaulaV
        • VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:47 PM

Thank you for the welcome! I am happy to have found you all!

I am in Columbus Ohio. It's about 9 degrees right now here, so the beach sounds wonderful!

I have emailed a few hotels in Cancun, but only one has replied in the last two weeks! Left a voicemail for another with no response. I am wondering if I should contact a wedding planner or if I am just being impatient...

About the dates, does anyone have opinions with weddings in that iarea n late June or July? Trying to consider the high temps and hurricane season, but we really didn't want to wait until the fall.

PV

#6 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
          • Banned
          • 386 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:48 PM

Welcome!

:)

#7 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:50 PM

I suggest to f/u with an email to the hotels. It seems that they need a little push. I think we've all had this experiance with hotels in Mexico. If you dont have much time, meaning, if your planning a wedding soon then contact a WC to help you expedite your plans.

#8 -Kate-

-Kate-
              • VIP Member
              • 7,676 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:51 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by PaulaV
                Thank you for the welcome! I am happy to have found you all!

I am in Columbus Ohio. It's about 9 degrees right now here, so the beach sounds wonderful!

I have emailed a few hotels in Cancun, but only one has replied in the last two weeks! Left a voicemail for another with no response. I am wondering if I should contact a wedding planner or if I am just being impatient...

About the dates, does anyone have opinions with weddings in that iarea n late June or July? Trying to consider the high temps and hurricane season, but we really didn't want to wait until the fall.

PV
                I'm from Lancaster!! I went to grade school in C-bus though and my mom worked at OSU for 30 + years. I have tons of friends still there.

I have absolutely no Cancun info to offer so in that front consider me useless.

#9 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 04 February 2007 - 11:54 PM

Are you looking at this year? or next summer. I think that the humidty might be tough during the summer but June and July are very early in hurricane season, and the fall would actually be worse (August/September are bigger hurricane months, typically)
                I agree with Amy, follow up with the hotels you are interested in.
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#10 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:41 AM

Welcome, Paula - there are so many helpful Cancun brides here, you came to the right place!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users