Photo

Question about bleach :(

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:57 PM

I was doing laundry earlier today and I just looked down and noticed that I spilled a drop of bleach on my black cotton dress

Anyone have any miracle cures Can I dye the part that got discolored?

I am so sad about it...I really loved this dress
    http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
    February 14, 2009

#2 Christine

Christine
    • VIP Member
    • 21,514 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
    • Wedding Location:Napa, California
    • LocationReno, NV

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:59 PM

can you use some Rit Dye? You will have to dye the whole dress probably. You can get Rit Dye at Target or the grocery store.
    Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#3 Helen_S81

Helen_S81
    • 985 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

What you could try is a black marker, ie a sharpie or something similar. I've done that before and it hides a small bleach mark.

#4 jmill130

jmill130
      • 601 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 10:24 PM

I have used a sharpie and it worked well! At least you did it on black, that should be easy to match the colors up... hang in there! Good luck!

#5 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts
        • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:10 PM

nikki, how big is the spot? my advice would depend on how big it is. rit dye is probably your best bet to dye the whole dress. be careful though, it can be messy and youll want to run your washer empty once after dying the dress in the washing machine (which is the easiest way to do it).

#6 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
        • 1,881 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:53 PM

thanks ladies - the spot is pretty small so I will try the shapie marker first. If not then I will try my luck with the rit dye....
          http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
          February 14, 2009

#7 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
          • 1,798 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 02:59 PM

I have to agree with the sharpie-save some of my pants. Good luck.

#8 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:41 PM

i've done the sharpie trick!
            which reminds me, trevor has a sweatshirt at home that i need to do this to! :) thanks for ther tip!

#9 SunBride

SunBride
            • 1,499 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:46 PM

if the sharpie doesn't work, try some fabric paint. There are different types, check out a craft store like michaels.

You are lucky it was black. I ruined a BRAND NEW suit with one tiny drop of bleach (seriously, the stain is like the size an ant). It felt on the pants, but the pants are like taupe color with off-white pin stripes. Once the pants were ruined, I had no use for the blazer

#10 monicaswave

monicaswave
              • 450 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:55 PM

HAHA.... I thought I was the only silly person to use permanent marker on my clothes. I once had a sweater where only the seams had discolored after a few washes so I was in my office coloring the seam of my sweater. My coworker caught me and thought I was so crazy. Hee Hee. It works!

But make sure it's dry before you wear it.....I had to be careful not to hug anyone for about 10 min

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users