• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:08 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kristy!
    Has anyone booked their flights yet? I'm booking with American (I don't really have a choice) and they keep changing their schedules! First they took away flights, so we rearranged our honeymoon plans. Now they added some back in. Grrr...Every time I look on their website, it's different. So I have to put off booking again because now we can go back to our original honeymoon plans, but I'm not sure if FI and I want to do that or stick to the new one. I just want to book!
    I definitely haven't booked yet... still trying to iron out our exact travel dates. We're planning to stay in Jamaica for a short honeymoon after the wedding.

#32 yamille

yamille
    • 1,460 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:55 PM

I haven't booked yet either. We booked our land but are still waiting to do airfare cause we are not sure yet about honeymoon stuff. I feel like I can only discuss so much with FI at once. Otherwise, I feel like I am overwhelming him. If I didn't do this I would be asking his opinion on some thing or some thought re: the wedding every other day. :)

#33 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
      • 1,572 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by yamille
        I feel like I can only discuss so much with FI at once. Otherwise, I feel like I am overwhelming him. If I didn't do this I would be asking his opinion on some thing or some thought re: the wedding every other day. :)
        I completely agree on this!

#34 Bianca

Bianca
        • 1,057 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:19 PM

I booked our airfare... FMIL paid for it so yay!!! Stupid AA kept on changing the prices every hour, so we didn't use the discount code since the rate went up and it was more than what we had reserved. But if we wanted to apply the discount code to our reserved flight, we had to call it in and they charged $20 a ticket and the discount was only $25. So whatever. FMIL gave me her credit card number and we are booked!
          19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!
          http://dw.daisypath.com/BM2Hm4/.png

http://dpabride.blogspot.com/

#35 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
          • VIP Member
          • 4,791 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:27 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Bianca
            I booked our airfare... FMIL paid for it so yay!!! Stupid AA kept on changing the prices every hour, so we didn't use the discount code since the rate went up and it was more than what we had reserved. But if we wanted to apply the discount code to our reserved flight, we had to call it in and they charged $20 a ticket and the discount was only $25. So whatever. FMIL gave me her credit card number and we are booked!
            Awesome!!! :)

~ Jaime & Martin ~
            "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#36 ~*petals*~

~*petals*~
            • 1,572 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:07 PM

Okay, I'm posting again because I'm still a Memorial Day weekend 2009 bride... but after my site visit earlier this week, I'm now getting married on Saturday, May 23rd at the new Grand Palladium Jamaica!

#37 bridetobe959

bridetobe959
              • 63 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 02:54 PM

I'm another memorial day bride May 23, 2009 at the hotel finisterra in cabo!

#38 yamille

yamille
                • 1,460 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:37 PM

I want it to be may 2009 now!

I'm impatient.

#39 Jessica&Adam

Jessica&Adam
                  • 159 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 04:55 PM

Hey Memorial Day Weekend Ladies!

I haven't posted on here in a while, so here's an update:

Bought the dress about 2 months ago!
                    We sent our Boarding Pass STDs out about 3 weeks ago.
                    Took engagement pics about 2 weeks ago.
                    Have booked photog and DJ.
                    I've started looking at BM dresses - getting close to making a decision, but still kind of up in the air...

Have not yet:
                    Decided what to do about ceremony music - we are having the ceremony on the beach and I have no idea what to do about music - live or recorded? What are you ladies doing
                    Booked any airfare - its still SOO expensive, and I keep hoping it will go down after summer
                    Decided on Honeymoon location
                    Decided on flowers/decorations

Only 8.5 months to go, and sooo much to do still! Not really sure what all I should have accomplished as of right now though!!

#40 pepper55

pepper55
                    • 90 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 05:47 PM

Wow! You've done so much... Here is mine
                      Done:
                      -STDs sent
                      -Registery done
                      -Honeymoon destination picked out
                      -Flights found (need to wait till tomorrow when I log in all my miles)
                      -Found photog - but waiting for hotel to approve before I can book

To Do:
                      -Dress
                      -Music
                      -Reception location/logistics
                      -Welcome dinner plan
                      -Flowers / decorations

I found a great list on this site of what needs to be done and timing against it. I tweaked it a bit (I'm not having a bridal party, etc.) and I'm trying to stick to that. If you want I can send it, its been really helpful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users