#11 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:56 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deleishus
    We where only hoping for 50-60 guests but right now we are at 97 guests. And it seems like each week it goes up. Mexicans don't believe in RSVP deadlines. We are going to have our reception partially indoors and outdoors. The cocktail hour will be by the pool outside and then the dinner will be inside and the dancing will be on the top patio. My planner told me we have to get a canopy due to the possibility of rain.
    Believe me I know! My FI is Latin so I think we can generally say, Latinos don't believe in RSVP's! Our deadline was May 1st, however this just in this past week alone, our number jumped from 159 to 175!

My question was about the rain. I wanted to see if you were getting the same suggestion. The tent we need to get is sooo pricey and I just want to break down and cry everytime I think about, but I refuse to go indoors. I don't even think that's an option at our resort. Anyhow, we'll just have to suck it in.

Do you mind sharing info about your vendors? My WC is PrisarVallarta and we are hiring Enlace for our band. Let me know if you need any other info!

#12 deleishus

deleishus
    • 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:04 PM

Thats a good one, too. But I think I may be leaning towards La Pinche Cruda. What is that recipe you where talking about putting in with yours. Hope you don't mind I'm copying you. Thanks.

#13 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 3,754 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:10 PM

Edna actually provided the correct recipe. I was planning to do the Michelada but she suggested the we do the Clamato con Cerveza.

Quote:
        Michelada is just beer lime, tabasco or viuda, ice and salt and the Clamato con Cerveza, is Salsa Inglesa, Viuda Sauce or Tabasco, Jugo Maggi, lime, salt, clam/tomato juice and Beer!!!!
        "Copy" all you want! I don't mind at all. That's why the forum is here!

#14 deleishus

deleishus
        • 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:14 PM

I know I am so worried about the rain. But I guess if we get the canopy we will be ok. And I keep thinking as long as it doesn't rain during the ceremony.
          I am using Vallarta Weddings as my WC. For catering we are going with Andres Ramos, photography/video I am using Aldo Tovar. I am not sure who they use for flowers or for the cake. Music we are going to use a Trio for the ceremony and a Mariachi for dinner and then use a DJ for the dance. Are you getting transportation for your guests? If so who are you going to use because the prices the WC gave me seem expensive.

#15 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,754 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

How exciting! I can't wait to see how it all turns out! We are not providing transportation, we just have way too many guests. Plus our WC said that its very difficult to get a bus throught the streets in downtown where the ceremony is at. Also, we settled on Melia because its within walking distance of the Mayan. Most of our guests are staying at Melia.

#16 deleishus

deleishus
            • 43 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 11:28 PM

WOW 175 guests!!! It is going to be beautiful, that church is awesome.

#17 Nene

Nene
              • 86 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:13 AM

Hey ladies I am also a 4th of July wedding too!

#18 deleishus

deleishus
                • 43 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:47 PM

Congratulations, its just around the corner!

#19 Ava

Ava
                  • 153 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:21 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by amyh
                    Okay, here is my input to your original question :)

Click the image to open in full size.
                    I love this one ^^

#20 mpajkos

mpajkos
                    • 359 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:14 PM

In my many searches for stuff for my OOT bags I found door knob hangers that you can personalize that says "Do Not Disturb, Recovering from Jack and Jills wedding." You can have it say whatever you want. I thought that was cute. You could call the bag Wedding survival kit? Not too original but safe :) I personally like the idea of amyh!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users