Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4889 replies to this topic

#4241 mellie14

mellie14
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by happy bride2013 

I feel like I was told we could not do a rehearsal dinner at the buffet restaurant?? We are approx 40 guests. This is upsetting...

Who is your WC? I would check again, mine told me there is not a charge for this and it was fine as long as we got there as soon as the buffet opens.

#4242 britbrit

britbrit
    • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hi I am new to this site and am just starting to plan a wedding at this resort. I haven't officially booked it yet because I am waiting to hear back from the wedding coordinators but I know I want to get married here! How long did it take for you to get a response from your first inquiry about booking a wedding? I'm so impatient! Also, I am debating a wedding either in late February or early-mid May. I originally wanted April but my parents already booked a 3 week vacation to Hawaii then. I would love to go in February to get away from the cold but May is cheaper and supposed to be nicer weather-wise. I would also have more time to plan. Any advice? I don't even know if there would be any dates left in February. I wonder how fast they book up. Does anybody have advice that they wish they had when they first started planning? Thanks.

#4243 Heidilynn

Heidilynn
      • 40 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

We have just had my fiances uncle, his wife, and their 3 kids RSVP to the wedding, but they will be staying at another resort, I know there is a fee for guests from another resort, but Xhail, my coordinator, "reminded" me that only 10% of the total guests can be from another hotel, I didn't know this. So we have 33 (including ourselves and the 5 staying at another resort) so we're only allowed 3 outside guests? 

Has anyone else ran into this problem? It wasn't our intention to have people stay at another hotel, but they have another wedding to attend that same week so they're staying in cancun instead. 

We anticipate a few more people booking before the big day, still 7.5 months away, but i'm not sure another 17 will book. 

Do I wait until close to the final RSVP date and worry about it then? 

I haven't panicked over anything thus far, but this is a little unnerving. 

#4244 mellie14

mellie14
        • 29 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Heidilynn 

We have just had my fiances uncle, his wife, and their 3 kids RSVP to the wedding, but they will be staying at another resort, I know there is a fee for guests from another resort, but Xhail, my coordinator, "reminded" me that only 10% of the total guests can be from another hotel, I didn't know this. So we have 33 (including ourselves and the 5 staying at another resort) so we're only allowed 3 outside guests? 

Has anyone else ran into this problem? It wasn't our intention to have people stay at another hotel, but they have another wedding to attend that same week so they're staying in cancun instead. 

We anticipate a few more people booking before the big day, still 7.5 months away, but i'm not sure another 17 will book. 

Do I wait until close to the final RSVP date and worry about it then? 

I haven't panicked over anything thus far, but this is a little unnerving. 

We were told that anyone not staying at the resort would be charged a fee of 95.00 for a day pass.  I am guessing it is fine if you have  few more.  I was never told anything about the limit being 10%. Hopefully it will be just fine!

#4245 Heidilynn

Heidilynn
          • 40 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by mellie14 

We were told that anyone not staying at the resort would be charged a fee of 95.00 for a day pass.  I am guessing it is fine if you have  few more.  I was never told anything about the limit being 10%. Hopefully it will be just fine!

Thanks for the info mellie14, I knew about the $95.00 but also wasn't aware of the 10% limit, must have been in the small print some where. I emailed my travel agent, she said she would try to contact Xhail and said "don't panic" haha, so i'm going to let her handle it for me :)

#4246 LaurenV26

LaurenV26
            • 23 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

I am trying to decide on my reception area it is between coco pool and the Palmeras grill. I have never been so would love suggestions?!

#4247 IrinaPatrick

IrinaPatrick
              • 26 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LaurenV26 

I am trying to decide on my reception area it is between coco pool and the Palmeras grill. I have never been so would love suggestions?!

When is your wedding? what is your ceremony location?

#4248 IrinaPatrick

IrinaPatrick
                • 26 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

Ladies, I'm debating if I should hire a DJ or have an ipod/iphone with pre-loaded music instead. Does someone have experience, suggestions? also, is DJ only playing the tunes, or entertaining the croud as well with games, etc.

Thanks!

#4249 LaurenV26

LaurenV26
                  • 23 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

When is your wedding? what is your ceremony location?

My wedding is May 5th at 6:00 in the gazebo. Around 60 guests? Maye more maybe less who knows!

#4250 IrinaPatrick

IrinaPatrick
                    • 26 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Has anyone had a ceremony at Palmeras beach? if yes, please post pictures? where was your reception/coctails?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users