Photo

Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
3348 replies to this topic

#161 mtomas5555

mtomas5555
  • 156 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:33 PM

No problem, Sharla!
    I'm happy everything worked out OK for you!

#162 cutierosie

cutierosie
    • 191 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 12:11 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by cheeks75
      Hello all,

I have received menu information, dj information, spa pricing, and I think photographer information. The attachments are at home on my computer. If anyone needs any of that, please let me know. If enough of you need it, then maybe I will just figure out how to post it all here, so it will be available for everyone.
      Hi, do you have information about table setting decorations (other than flowers) like the candles and napkins etc, I am trying to see what stuff I can put on my budget, or what stuff I would have to buy at home so it can be cheaper.

Thanks!

#163 Dez921714

Dez921714
      • 1,489 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:38 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by cutierosie
        Hi, do you have information about table setting decorations (other than flowers) like the candles and napkins etc, I am trying to see what stuff I can put on my budget, or what stuff I would have to buy at home so it can be cheaper.

Thanks!
        I tried to get prices on this stuff from the FL office, but it was very difficult. She was supposed to get back to me with aqua table linnen prices...thanks for the reminder, I think I'll go bug her again.

Sorry, not much help here
        http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#164 SharlaScott

SharlaScott
        • 74 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:38 PM

Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to share with you the sand ceremony set we will be using in Mexico!

My mom just found it today and sent me this picture! I love it...she is having it engraved with our initials and wedding date after we get back from Mexico.

We will be using white sand at the bottom (poured by our mothers), the scott and I will pour red and black (our colors).

My favorite part is that it comes with a stopper so transporting it back into the U.S. won't be as difficult!! YAY!

We also have a paragraph for the judge to read while we pour it...

I'll paste that once it's typed up!

Let me know what y'all think!!

Click the image to open in full size.
          Sharla & Scott

#165 lor

lor
          • 38 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 10:26 PM

Hi to all the moon palace brides! Congrats!! We are also getting married at the moon palace on feb 7, 2009. Please if you can share as much info as possible that would be great.

#166 Dez921714

Dez921714
            • 1,489 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:45 PM

Lor, welcome :) Read through the thread...you'll find a TON of info :)

Anyother questions, ask away, we might have some answers
              http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

#167 mtomas5555

mtomas5555
              • 156 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 08:58 AM

[QUOTE=SharlaScott;412137]Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to share with you the sand ceremony set we will be using in Mexico!

My mom just found it today and sent me this picture! I love it...she is having it engraved with our initials and wedding date after we get back from Mexico.

We will be using white sand at the bottom (poured by our mothers), the scott and I will pour red and black (our colors).

My favorite part is that it comes with a stopper so transporting it back into the U.S. won't be as difficult!! YAY!

We also have a paragraph for the judge to read while we pour it...

I'll paste that once it's typed up!

Let me know what y'all think!!

QUOTE]

Sharla,
                That is beautiful!!
                We are doing the sand ceremony also.
                But when I asked one of the wedding planners if the judge would read a paragraph for us, she told me that he won't read anything and that he will only read a poem that they have prepared and announce us husband and wife. She said only WE could read things. So, maybe inquire about that and see what your planner says.
                I have a question for you...
                Are we supposed to pour one at a time OR together?

Thanks,
                Melissa

#168 Dez921714

Dez921714
                • 1,489 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:20 AM

Sharla, I love that set! We were actually looking into getting the same one :)

Melissa, from what I understand, you pour at the same time, from different containers, so that both of your sands mix...making it "unseperable"

#169 SharlaScott

SharlaScott
                  • 74 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:36 PM

Hey Hey girls -
                    I do need to check into that! I had no idea they wouldn't read something we wrote. I asked if I could bring our own version of wedding vows to be read and she said yes...maybe she was thinking we were going to read them!!! CRAP! Well I'll ask and let you know what she says! Hopefully all goes well or we will be listening to music only during the sand ceremony so it won't be awkward!

As far as the sand pouring goes...I'm pretty sure you do it at the same time but I've seen it one at a time as well...only because sometimes two hands can't fit over that tiny hole! I think we will just go with what works best at that moment!
                    Sharla & Scott

#170 SharlaScott

SharlaScott
                    • 74 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 06:09 PM

I just received this email from my WC regarding the sand ceremony:

"Hi Sharla,

If it didnt said something about religion He will read it. He's very kind and I'm sure it will be a pleasure for him to help you.

We suggest some of your family to read it, because of course they will have more fluency and it might significate a lot for you.

Just let me know and if you can sen the paragraphar so he can practice will be much better. :)

Regards

Lily"

Hope this helps!
                      Sharla & Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users