Nacho Friday!

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
  • VIP Member
  • 11,403 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:54 AM

So we have a fun group of people at work. Every other week or so we do a community lunch. This week it's going to be Nacho Friday. Yummay!

Anyway, the funny thing is we have a new gal in our group. She's from China & she is totally hilarious, I love her. The last group lunch was chili dogs (holy heart burn). Her assigned item to bring was simple - CHEESE. Well, we start putting out all of our fixings, and she pulls 3 Lunchables out of the refrigerator.

"Ummm, Marsha, where is the cheese you were supposed to bring? "

"It's in here" as she points to the lunchables.

She didn't know where to buy cheese & they didn't have any at home, so she stopped at 7-11 and bought the Lunchables cuz they have cheese in them LOL!! Isn't that awesome? She cracks me up completely.

This week she's supposed to bring "toppings" for the nachos - I'm scared.

#2 Yari

Yari
    • VIP Member
    • 10,928 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 11:58 AM

I want to join you in Nacho Friday...sounds yummy.

Your coworker sounds so cute...I wonder what she will bring for toppings?

#3 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:00 PM

christa, i'm off friday, i might be stopping by! j/k, but i do love me some nachos!

oh, wow, sounds SO much better than the leftover spaghetti i brought today

oh yah, and that cracks me up about the cheese. there is a thriftway right down the street from your work. maybe you should leave an anonymous note on her desk withe the store name and address, and a list of nacho topping ideas :)

#4 jajajaja

jajajaja
      • VIP Member
      • 9,794 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:02 PM

LOL! I love how you guys are picking the "healthiest" lunches too!

I tried to convince my office to have margarita Fridays. They aren't as cool as your office apparently!
        Happily married since 2008

#5 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:05 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LC_Rachel
        LOL! I love how you guys are picking the "healthiest" lunches too!

I tried to convince my office to have margarita Fridays. They aren't as cool as your office apparently!
        hahaha, ooh, those go good with nachos! oh i am totally going out for mexican asap!

#6 lucy106

lucy106
        • 2,880 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:05 PM

Lunchables, thats too funny! Hey Rachel, I have been trying to get a Margarita machine and our own Starbucks Barista with no luck too, I mean talk about no fun! Ha!! I love Nachos!!! Enjoy!

#7 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:08 PM

Can i get a job at your work? not only do you get to eat nachos but you also get to guess what your coworker will bring in. You should start an office pool "What nacho toppings will blank bring?" make sure you let us know.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#8 jajajaja

jajajaja
            • VIP Member
            • 9,794 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:17 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by lucy106
              Lunchables, thats too funny! Hey Rachel, I have been trying to get a Margarita machine and our own Starbucks Barista with no luck too, I mean talk about no fun! Ha!! I love Nachos!!! Enjoy!
              See- I'm not out there. I think if we can have coffee at all hours, why not margaritas?! They can be virgin and those that need a little extra kick can spice them up accordingly. LOL

I thought the margarita machine would go nicely in our break room. We have an iced tea machine and soda fountain. Geez!

#9 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
              • VIP Member
              • 11,403 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:24 PM

Haha! Yes to the margarita machine - how awesome would that be?! You can't tell me there is any major difference between someone having a margi or two & someone that drinks the super-leaded coffee we have here ALL DAY LONG.

Yeah, I can't wait to see what Marsha brings for toppings. She actually just sent an email saying "what are toppings"!

#10 jajajaja

jajajaja
                • VIP Member
                • 9,794 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:27 PM

LOL. Christa- that girl sounds like she needs her own show. That's hysterical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users