TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 September 2006 - 10:26 PM

this was just posted on tripadvisors...
===================

WARNING TO THOSE GETTING MARRIED AT MAJESTIC AND GETTING THE "FREE WEDDING PACKAGE"
Okay, so to add to all the other issues I've had with my wedding att his place, now I am informed that despite the fact that the criteria for the free wedding is "if the couple books 10 or more rooms or upgrades to a suite...." that I do not get a free wedding! The reason for this is beause although I have 12 rooms booked and I have also upgraded, our rooms were booked through a travel agent who gave us a group rate (which i'm sure most people who are travelling with a group have also gotten a group rate) Apparently all the rooms need to be booked at the "regular rate" to qualify for the free wedding. So, I am currently busy fighting with the resort and with my travel agent about this, but I thought I'd warn other people because I'm sure that a lot of people have gotten group rates for their trips.....I think that anyone travelling in a group has most likely gotten a group rate through their travel agent like I did. So, moral of the story, double check that you are indeed getting a free wedding so you don't get any nasty surprises when you show up! :-) Anyone who has a comment or a personal experience could you please email me chels@shaw.ca because I would love to hear about it. Also, if you have booked with a group rate AND are really getting the free wedding I would appreciate hearing from you. I have a feeling I'm being duped here and I'm not sure why ( my group alone is giving the resort about $25000 so you'd think that would be enough to get a free wedding!!!!!!!!!!!)
Chelsea
chels@shaw.ca

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#2 Regine

Regine
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 10:14 AM

Hey Tammy,

I'm so sorry to hear about your issues with Colonial. I recently booked Oct 9, 2010 at Majestic Elegance...do have any opinions on them.

#3 khomac

khomac
    • 380 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:51 PM

Their policy has been that way for at least 2 years now. My friend inquired about it in August '07
      Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
      Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#4 khomac

khomac
      • 380 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:04 PM

This was posted in 2006.

Regine, go to trip advisor and search the forum, you'll see that lots of people love the Majestic.
        Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
        Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#5 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
        • 280 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

Also....they clearly state this from the very beginning! I was told 15 rooms each for 7 nights or longer. And it had to be at the regular rate which means no early booking specials or group rates. I for one would rather save my guests money for their stay rather than save $1250 for the "free wedding" because I got the early booking special for $105/night which is extremely cheap! People just need to open their ears and hear everything rather than the bits and pieces they choose to and this way no one will get any "nasty surprises" when they show up. Sorry for the rant but this really annoys me that people don't pay attention to this. It's not like the Majestic is trying to hide this fact and shame on the TAs for not knowing this.

#6 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
          • 1,565 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

man those resorts will find any way to scam couples out of money and throw in additinal charges. if there is one thing ive learned on here from everyones stories is to get everything in writing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users