Photo

Gran Bahia Principe Akumal/Tulum/Coba - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
8083 replies to this topic

#6751 Mc2013

Mc2013
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

First time I went in August, and we booked everything the first day we were there.  Got everything we wanted.  Second time I went was in May and I e-mailed my reservations in advance (because I had it all planned out - haha) and got everything we wanted.

How do you wrote to booked a la carte restaurant in advance !??

#6752 Katryne

Katryne
    • 260 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mc2013 

How do you wrote to booked a la carte restaurant in advance !??

I wrote here pramx3@bahia-principe.com

#6753 Danielle Hague

Danielle Hague
      • 15 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

$720 just for the booze for 3 hours???

I was told it would cost me $1100 USD!! I think I will ask for a formal price list as it seems to be very varied

#6754 promise12

promise12
        • 40 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

How many hours was that for? How many ppl? And what did it include?

#6755 Danielle Hague

Danielle Hague
          • 15 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

We have 25 in our party and it is for 3 hours with table, chairs lighting the budget bar, iPod station

#6756 berg5080

berg5080
            • 53 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Katryne 

First time I went in August, and we booked everything the first day we were there.  Got everything we wanted.  Second time I went was in May and I e-mailed my reservations in advance (because I had it all planned out - haha) and got everything we wanted.

What email address do you email the requests to? Is there one for dinner reservations or just the standard email for the hotel?

#6757 Alana0505

Alana0505
              • 5 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

We

Hi Miriam, we have booked with first choice and have not been told to translate or legalise any documents and that we just need passports, tourist cards and birth certificates. What date are you getting married? Ours is may too :D

booked with Thomas cook and we are fromscotland we had to get birth certificates translated and had to get them legalised too. My wedding co-ordinater advised us this when we met her last year in resort. Hope this helps.

#6758 claruickie

claruickie
                • 225 posts
                • Wedding Date:June 20, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Tulum Gazebo @ Bahia Principe Mayan Riveria , Mexico
                • LocationAberdeen SCOTLAND

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Tammyd23 View Post

Hi Miriam, we have booked with first choice and have not been told to translate or legalise any documents and that we just need passports, tourist cards and birth certificates. What date are you getting married? Ours is may too cheesy.gif
                booked with Thomas cook and we are fromscotland we had to get birth certificates translated and had to get them legalised too. My wedding co-ordinater advised us this when we met her last year in resort. Hope this helps.

Myself and OH are from Scotland and are both divorced, we are booked through First Choice

I feel much more relaxed after talking with Eugenia and Paloma over the last 2 weeks they both confirmed the below details to me -  and its saved us money!

The Bahia are continually putting brides mind at ease regarding the confusion Travel Agents cause by giving FALSE information regarding having to get birth and divorce documents translated and legalised.

There is NO requirement for any of the groom's documents to be translated or legalised this applies whether he HAS or HAS NOT been married before.

If the bride has been married before and has reverted back to her maiden name, provided this is the name she travels on and is the name that is on her passport again there is NO requirement for any of the bride's documents to be translated or legalised

Translation and legalistion is required is when a bride has divorced but kept her married name (Ive never heard of anyone doing this)

Hope this helps   Kirstin

#6759 claruickie

claruickie
                • 225 posts
                • Wedding Date:June 20, 2013
                • Wedding Location:Tulum Gazebo @ Bahia Principe Mayan Riveria , Mexico
                • LocationAberdeen SCOTLAND

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Danielle Hague 

I get married in June and was told by first choice I would have to translate my documents But I was informed by previous brides that there was no need ! I've sent my documents to Maria and she has said at present they are fine ! I too have been divorce and I've changed my name !!
                I wanted the gazebo coz it so gorgeous and read the the beach can be a bit windy ! Was told I couldn't have it as it was booked ! I made it clear I was not happy so they managed to get me in but at a couple of hours early then my wedding was going to be but feel it is worth it. What are you doing for the evening reception ? I have booked the private poolside party but have not yet had this confirmed. X

Danielle what date is your wedding?may have an overlap -  we are there 10> 24 June, wedding on 20 June  ~ Kirstin x

#6760 MayanBride2013

MayanBride2013
                • 3 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

This was our quote from Maria:

Special Cocktails: 
                  Beer, Pi±a Colada Cocktail, Margarita Cocktail 
                  & Sparkling Wine                                            $ 950 USD

This option  is for 20 persons maximum , in case there´s more people will have an extra charge. 

This packages includes 3 hours of open bar, set up, soft lighting, cocktail tables, tiffany chairs microphone and music.

From reading through this website it seems like most people are being quoted $11 per person for the special cocktail option. We only have 18-20 people coming down so I'm not sure why we're being quoted a higher price. We did tell her that we were bringing in our own DJ...not sure if that changes anything...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users