Photo

Don't know where to post this-need baby shower favor ideas?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 beachbride08

beachbride08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:26 AM

I wasn't sure where to post this question since it is not wedding related, but since you ladies always have such great ideas I thought I would ask. I am helping my aunt throw my cousin and his FI a baby shower. She wants to do a unique favor instead of a typical chotchke (sp?) item. They are having a boy, if that helps.
    Michelle

#2 lucy106

lucy106
    • 2,880 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:29 AM

I know not really unique but I always like getting a travel size lotion from Bath and Body works. Tie a blue ribbon on it and you are set.

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:34 AM

hmm sorry I am not a lot of help here but what about some of the same types of things that people do for weddings like donations, like donating to the march of dimes in the name of all the guests? If I was going to a shower I would so much rather that than something that will sit in my house and collect dust.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 beachbride08

beachbride08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,372 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:40 AM

Great ideas so far, keep them coming! Thanks!
        Michelle

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:03 AM

these probably aren't very unique. but for my sil's shower last week, we got baby bottles and filled them with bath salts. We also had soaps made in the shape of baby blocks, purchased off ebay. i can find out the sellers name if you want they were really adorable.

Did you check out Cary's bridal shower favors, the homemade soaps? i loved them.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 LisaG

LisaG
          • VIP Member
          • 7,839 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:53 AM

o.k., am I the only one that has never received a favor at a baby shower. I'm not help. I have no clue what would be a good favor.
            Question - do they keep the favor or do they give it to the mom-to-be?

#7 Christine

Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:00 AM

Lisa I am with you, I have only received a gift bag for winning a game, never gotten a favor at a baby shower.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#8 Jessica

Jessica
            • VIP Member
            • 11,939 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:01 AM

I agree with Christine about my favors collecting dust. But if you don't want to do a donation thing, I'm always a fan of food favors. Cookies are my favorite favor gift ever!

I've gotten favors at all the baby showers I've been too. Hmm. Maybe it's a regional thing?

#9 Pisces

Pisces
              • 255 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:02 AM

For the two baby showers I've planned:
                one- I bought pink bars of soap and wrapped them up in baby themed flannel to look like diapers. (I used small safety pins to fasten the cloth around the soap.) They were a hit.
                For the one next month I am planning to make baby-themed shaped cookies. We don't know the gender for this one, so it makes things a little more difficult.

I think the mini baby bottles with bath salts is a great idea! You can probably find toy baby bottles at the dollar store.
                Colin in I in 2005 when we fell in love with Maui!

#10 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                • 1,881 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 10:03 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Christine
                  hmm sorry I am not a lot of help here but what about some of the same types of things that people do for weddings like donations, like donating to the march of dimes in the name of all the guests? If I was going to a shower I would so much rather that than something that will sit in my house and collect dust.
                  cute idea christine! i hate favors - my mother loves them and she has a small collection at home. it looks like a little managerie
                  http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                  February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users