Admin & Owner

• Administrators
  • 11,659 posts
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 19 September 2006 - 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATASHA
So sweet - I'm inspired to share now.

My FI and I have been friends for 7 years - dated for 2.5.

When we first started to date, he was going through a lot of very big issues - ending a long-term relationship that wasn't really healthy, leaving the company that we both worked for (I had already left), starting a new business, moving back to where I was...

We used to go to this really cute restaurant area and watch the sunset and talk and plan. I would literally watch the stress melt from him while we would sit next to each other on the adirondack chairs.

One afternoon, after we had a really nice day at the spa, he took me there, we sat on the adirondack chairs and just passed the time like we have for years. He asked me to dance with him. He played a game with me which is totally like him. It was called, "Tell me your favorite memory from the future" (for example, "I remember when chet was a puppy and you turned bright red because he chewed all your shoes.") Then he said some incredibly kind, sweet things about our relationship and then asked me to marry him and gave me a beautiful ring (I finally understood why he was carrying his computer bag - with my ring - around all day including at the spa that we had visited earlier).

Then he said, "I remember when you made me the happiest I've ever been when you told me on the adirondack chairs that you would be with me for the rest of our lives."
omg...that story just made me tear up...that is so sweet what he said to you!!! what a keeper!

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#12 ELEGANTE3

ELEGANTE3
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:40 AM

Natasha, what a beautiful story!!!
    Wedding Date: October 20, 2007
    Wedding Location: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

#13 Jennifer

Jennifer
    • 218 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 11:47 AM

Very sweet story Natasha!

#14 NATASHA

NATASHA
      • 646 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:49 AM

He is a really great man and I will do everything that I can to make sure that he feel as appreciated as he truely deserves to feel.

Update to the story - the chairs were a bit long in the tooth (not too bad, though). Anyway, there are fewer of them than there used to be. Either the venue is throwing them out - or - he bought two for our wedding gift. Wouldn't put it past him.
        Shawn and NatashaHappily MarriedNovember 11, 2006

#15 KristinaM

KristinaM
        • VIP Member
        • 3,082 posts
        • Wedding Date:April 18, 2013
        • Wedding Location:Ocean Blue & Sand, Punta Cana
        • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 21 September 2006 - 02:29 PM

Thats so sweet Natasha!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users