Guests Opinions ROR

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Freckles

Freckles
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:09 AM

Hi everyone,

Just a quick questions for you, we are looking at the ROR for our wedding but am wondering from past brides what your guests all thought of the resort? We have a wide variety of invited guests - families with young children, teenagers, singles, couples and parents. We are trying to find a resort that offers something for everyone along with good wedding options - we figure the ROR must be doing something right as it is so popular!!! Thanks alot

#2 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
    • 489 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:35 AM

HI
      ROR is a great place. I had 39 guest at our wedding and everybody find the ROR amazing. We had people travelling for the first time and peolple that have been travelling alot and they said that the ROR was one of they're favorite place. And Jamaica is such a wonderfull country. I would strongly recommand the ROR
      http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#3 bsullivan2

bsullivan2
      • 74 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:11 AM

I have not been to ROR yet. We are getting married there next June. But in my research, I was looking for the same as you are, a place that has something for everyone. This forum is a great research tool! Do a search and look at past reviews that have been posted here. Also look at reviews of ROR on Tripadvisor.com. There is plenty of feedback on that site! Good luck and happy planning!

#4 jmhein

jmhein
        • 665 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:00 AM

I had 40 guests, ranging in age from 2 months old to 84! Every single person loved it! It really does have something for everyone! It's a great choice, no worries!
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#5 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 12,193 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:34 AM

Your guests will love ROR! I had about 25 guests, ranging in age from 1 to about 60. Everyone LOVED it so much that they all want to come back with us next year. Everyone will find something to do. You really shouldn't worry.

#6 Kishalee

Kishalee
            • Site Supporter
            • 64 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 09:17 AM

Well, Let me put it to you this way...

The ROR is a pretty special spot. I am the 3rd member of my extended family to get married there. That's right, they have had to deal with the same crazy brood 3 times and there will be 2 more after me. Apparently my family will travel to this resort every 6 months or so. The ROR was chosen by my guests, mostly. My uncle has declared it his "favorite resort".
              It's a good choice.

#7 mopher

mopher
              • 60 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 12:58 PM

Wow...Kishalee I love that you have had so many wedding there.

I got married there in February and loved it, but am blown away by how much you guys loved it.

#8 lambert13

lambert13
                • 901 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 01:01 PM

My wife Karen and I are going to ROR at the end of June for a vacation. Nothing at all to do with weddings.

We should be able to give a pretty good perspective on what it's like to stay there as a guest when we get back. As usual, I'll take a ton of photos and post them up for all the gang to see.

I can't wait to go there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users