Transporting glass vases

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 torilynnsmith

• 1,748 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:51 PM

So glad I found this! I was wondering if you were able to carry glass onboard so it looks like that will be what we're doing just to be safe!

#12 Leah2012

• 154 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

Good packing tips! Have to cross our fingers they will make it there in one piece!

#13 Jwed12

• 251 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:31 PM

I was hoping that our resort (the Riu) would provide some hurricane globes for us. Do most hotels not do this? Thanks for the tips though! They will definitely come in handy if we have to pack. :)

#14 Jwed12

• 251 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

Do you mind me asking how many guests you had and how many centerpeices? I'm just trying to get a feel for how many I'll need. I'm not sure if we'll be at small tables or one long table. We're expecting about 50 guests though, so I think smaller tables would be better. Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by foxytv 

I had our sand ceremony vases in my carry-on handbag for the trip there. Each stuffed w/ tissue paper and double wrapped and taped w/ bubble wrap.

For the trip home, we checked them. More tissue paper in the top of the one w/ the sand and then plastic wrap and a rubber band around the top. The others were stuffed with tissue and all were double wrapped in bubble wrap and then in a box that also had bubble wrap inside (and at the top) of one of our suitcases. They are all in perfect condition, with the only difference being a little extra mixing of the sand ceremony sand, which is even more beautiful now than before.

Our candleholders, which were a smaller, thicker glass, I just wrapped individually in paper, placed all in a plastic bag and tucked between clothes.

We had nothing break on the trip to or from.

Good Luck!

#15 Jnadair

• 186 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:02 AM

If it's going to be a huge catastrophe if you get there and they're broken then I would suggest just carrying them on.  Might save you some stress!

#16 IrishgirlinNY

• 938 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

We had a set of three glass cylinders that we filled with sand, floating candles, rose petals and water for each centerpiece along with our sand ceremony set and our shotglass favors and we carried them all on with us.  It was a lot and took up all our carryon bags, but I knew it was safe and didn't have to worry whether it was broken or not.  We left the centerpieces there and just brought back the sand ceremony and again put that in our carryon. 

#17 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
              • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
              • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

My sand ceremony kit came in a box with syrofoam where the glass vases sit inside of it.  I was going to try to take it out of the box because the box is big, but I think I will just keep it in the box and pack it in my suitcase and hope it makes it in one piece!

#18 Evgal

• 175 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:19 AM

Great points. Now I am reconsidering my choice of vases or else packing them in my carry-on, which I rather not do since we have so much stuff that I prefer to carry with us. Thanks!

#19 Aruba Bride

Aruba Bride
                • 170 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:45 AM

I will definitely be carrying on my glass then - Thanks for the post!!

#20 cbandemer

• 213 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:51 PM

I will have too many to carry on if I go this route. So do the airlines allow you to pack them in a box and check the box??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users