Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:45 PM

Jackie,
    Enjoy it, you'll have a wonderful time.

#22 Jackie

Jackie
    • 2,290 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:19 PM

Update
      No I dont have any pics I forgot my camera, whoops .

How did it go? Horrible. I hated every second of it. I know I sound so selfish because we received so many nice things but I honestly would have rather gone without the whole thing. My Aunt who threw it invited so many relatives most of them I didnt even know. I kept opening up presents and having know clue who to look at to thank because I had no freaking idea who 2nd cousin Linda was? WTF I specifically asked that it only be the women who were able to attend the wedding I wanted it small! I get really uncomfortable whent the focus is on me and it makes me really nervous.
      My advice, for all of you that dont want a bridal shower, dont back down and dont have one, its not worth it. I'm so close to my wedding day that I think I'm just cranky with everyone and there mother thinking they know whats best for me and my wedding. I might be taking a little bit of that anger out on the bridal shower thing.
      So now I'm having this pool party casual bachelerotte party that I am planning. And some people are pissed that I'm doing it that way. They think I should go out bar hopping etc. Know matter how many times I tell them this is what I want they look at me like I have ten heads and insist that I should be out clubbing instead. I swear its like noone hears me when I speak. I want a pool party cook out margarita party. Why do they want to make me do something for my bachelorette party that I dont even want to do. What is wrong with people.
      My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

#23 Bride010101

Bride010101
      • 1,547 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:53 PM

I'm so sorry you had didn't have a good time! I am totally with you on the not wanting a large shower with tons of relatives I don't kinow. Like you I have family that insist I need to have one... but I think we have came to a compromise that it will be SMALL with just the people we invited to the wedding (so I acutally know whos there). At least you got some nices gifts out of it thought!

And I think your bachelorette party sounds aweosme! I have already told my MOH no clubbing for me either and we have been trying to come up with some alternatives. A pool, margarita party sounds fun! Can't wait to hear how it goes and see some pics!

BTW... your day is coming so soon! How exciting! I'm jealous... January seems like a long ways away. Try and enjoy your last month : )

#24 Jackie

Jackie
        • 2,290 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:54 PM

thanks Becky. I cant wait for the bach-party, its such a great kick off to the wedding. A little Mexican pool fiesta! I'll post pics for sure :)
          My Dreams Cabo Wedding Review
          http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t22576

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users