Photo

Sandals Grande Ocho Rios- Wedding & Reception Locations

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 Melissa G

Melissa G
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:26 AM

Would the pier be able to hold 26 guests for the ceremony and cocktail hour? That is a beautiful location.

#12 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
    • 716 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:30 AM

It is a beautiful location, but I wonder how private it is. I think it's part of the huge main deck. TA Jen, was it private? How important is privacy to you Melissa?

#13 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
      • 1,047 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:50 AM

The one I posted was fairly private- as it is the dock that they tie the boats to. I would have the wedding coordinator double check with the dive boat and snorkeling trip times just so you don't have people getting on or off during your ceremony.. Other than that I didn't see people wandering onto that dock much.

There is another dock that makes a U shape in front of the main hotel portion that is not private that you may be thinking of. There are lounge chairs there during the day, also people getting massages and at night many people go there for the sunset pics.

Hope that helped!

#14 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
        • 716 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:01 PM

Thanks for the info! I had no idea there was a deck separate from the main one. Sounds beautiful!

#15 Melissa G

Melissa G
          • 105 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:03 PM

Would the dock with the boats hold 26 people for the ceremony comfortably?

#16 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
            • 1,047 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

I think you could fit 26 on the dock easily. The only thing was that there was no shade except for the gazebo so depending on when you'll have the ceremony you may want to order something for shade! There was a nice breeze though when I was there so it may not even be a big deal.

TA Jennifer

#17 jamaicabride09

jamaicabride09
              • 856 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:43 PM

TA Jennifer,

I booked the Twilight Package at 5:00pm. We would like to get married on the beach. Did they have a mock beach ceremony set-up at SGOR? If so, I would love to see your pictures.

Thanks in advance!

Alicia

#18 misskaytee

misskaytee
                • 154 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 03:00 PM

I officially love this thread <3 Thanks for the pics and info Jennifer- as always you really are working hard!
                  http://www.weddingco...r/6q70cliba.png

Our Website (updates on our wedding, the house we just bought, and more!) http://www.freewebs.com/kayteeandcj/
                  Wedding Website:http://weddings.thek....rd=&MsdVisit=1

#19 luvli123

luvli123
                  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

Hello All:

My name is Lisa and i am a soon to be SGOR bride and i have book the Caribbean Sunset Presto Bailey package and i would like to see some options of location on the beach/ boardwalk for ceremony and reception options. Can wait

#20 JenniferSS

JenniferSS

Banned

• Banned
                    • 1,047 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:12 AM

Hi Lisa! Welcome to the forum!

The boardwalk option is above- for the beach you'll have to contact your TA as I don't have any of the beach set up for a wedding! The beach however is at a bit of a slope.

Reception options depends on how many guests but most weddings chose to do the indoor area by the beach! Name escape me right now but I'll go back through my notes to jog my memory!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users