Photo

House of Brides

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mexico15

mexico15
  • 250 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:30 PM

Has anyone ordered from the houseofbrides.com? Anything good or bad stories?
    Thanks!

#2 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
    • 1,876 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

I ordered my Bridesmaids dress from HOB, but got an email a couple of days later saying that they don't carry that designer anymore. So, they were going to refund my money. That was a couple of weeks ago and I haven't seen the refund hit my cc yet. That's my only experience with them.

I mentioned this in another thread, but I bought my dress from RK bridal. They will beat any internet price quote by 5%. It saved me about $275. There address is RK Bridal find a lower price and we will beat it by 5% My dress arrived a month ahead of schedule. Had a great experience with them.
      My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
      Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#3 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
      • 631 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:22 PM

I had a very bad experience with them when I went to go try on dresses. The one went to was not very honest or helpful.

I have heard some bad things about them but I wanted to try it for myself first.

#4 loretuke

loretuke
        • 131 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:34 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200

I mentioned this in another thread, but I bought my dress from RK bridal. They will beat any internet price quote by 5%. It saved me about $275. There address is RK Bridal find a lower price and we will beat it by 5% My dress arrived a month ahead of schedule. Had a great experience with them.
          Did you find a better somewhere else or you just went with what they quoted? Thanks

#5 lbourassa

lbourassa
          • 55 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:39 PM

HOB has a great website, that's all I know - I had planned to shop around home and find price comparisons between stores and online, so I'm glad this came up.

#6 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
            • 1,876 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:39 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by loretuke
              Did you find a better somewhere else or you just went with what they quoted? Thanks

I found the best price at Wedding Dresses at Discount Prices then I sent their quote to RK Bridal. The quote from perfectbridal was about $100 less than what RK bridal had quoted.
              My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
              Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#7 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
              • 631 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:58 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by lbourassa
                HOB has a great website, that's all I know - I had planned to shop around home and find price comparisons between stores and online, so I'm glad this came up.
                and every dress I wanted (what I wanted) they were either not selling anymore or you had to go to the store and buy it...when i went to the store they did not have them either...

#8 mexico15

mexico15
                • 250 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 12:37 PM

hmm...I will have to check out those other site Jessalyn. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users