ROR - Marriage Certificate

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:22 AM

Hi, Girls!

For thos of you that have already gotten married at the Riu, did you get a copy of your marriage certificate/register? I know it takes a while to get the actual certificate.

I'm adding Brian to my health insurance at work, and they need some sort of proof of marriage. I'm just wondering if I will be able to bring anything "unofficial" home?

Thanks!
    Desiree

#2 cifmah

cifmah
    • 12 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:36 AM

Yes, you get the marriage register right after signing it. I've been home since April 5th, but still haven't received the certificate in the mail.

#3 jmhein

jmhein
      • 665 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:48 AM

Yes, you get the register which is handwritten. The offical certificate took 10 weeks to arrive for me!
        ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#4 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
        • 238 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 11:55 AM

OK - great. That should be enough until we get the marriage certificate!

Thanks, Ladies!

#5 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

Be sure to get the handwritten copy from the minister. He is suppose to give it to the groom before you walk down the aisle but he forgot to give us ours and it took chandlyn 3 days to track it down for us.
            See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users