Sign in to follow this  
BrittneyD

Wanted....Capiz shell curtain/strands

I'm looking at buying one too. I found a site where you can purchase 100 of the pre-drilled shells for $16, if you want to DIY. I'll keep looking at let you know what I find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamaicaBride062108 View Post
I'm looking at buying one too. I found a site where you can purchase 100 of the pre-drilled shells for $16, if you want to DIY. I'll keep looking at let you know what I find!
I've seen a site or 2 with them too. At this point, I'm just over having to put that together. :)

Quote:
I looked at the picture of the ones on world market and it looks like there are about 250 shells on them. I could be wrong though. If that's the case, it would cost about the same to have them already strung.

Quote:
Maybe you can buy the ones from Kelly, and then sell them to me when you get back. When will you get back from Jamaica? We leave on July 9th.

Also girls, not sure if you have looked into this yet. My curtain I purchased from World Market wouldn't fit in my largest suitcase. I had to saw off 2 or so inches from each end. This maybe something to consider just in case yours doesn't fit either.

Oh and also- the shells are really delicate. I left them wrapped in the bubble wrap-although a few fell off. I would be worried if they could make it through three weddings- considering the travelling.

I forgot mine there so I can't vouch if they made it back in one piece. Just some thoughts to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_Rachel View Post
Also girls, not sure if you have looked into this yet. My curtain I purchased from World Market wouldn't fit in my largest suitcase. I had to saw off 2 or so inches from each end. This maybe something to consider just in case yours doesn't fit either.
How many curtains did you use? Was it the one that was 3 feet long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittneyD View Post
How many curtains did you use? Was it the one that was 3 feet long?
Yes- 3' feet was the one I purchased. I used two.

I don't have any pro pics to share but here's a few.
Here's what it looked like long after the ceremony:
Click the image to open in full size.

Peeking through the back.

Here's a little bit too.