Photo

Oh my Gosh- Help!!!!

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 heather007

heather007
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:37 PM

One of our departure plans booked up so we had to move our wedding dates up.

How do I tell my guests this?

~~

#2 Kat81

Kat81
    • VIP Member
    • 7,615 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

The planes are already full?! Then I am in deep crap because I am just about to send out my invites and nobody has booked and ALL my FI family lives in Saskatoon except his Mom!!!
      Back to you...everything is NOT ruined! It is a minor bump it's going to happen in the planning. Tell her to back off

#3 Heidi

Heidi
      • 2,642 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:03 PM

Don't panic yet! Try talking with another TA...see what he/she says - get your 'second opinion.' Is there a nearby departure city you can use instead??
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#4 MissyR

MissyR
        • 1,210 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

OK first of all take a deep breath. The same thing happened to us - we were supposed to leave earlier and there was a problem with the flights. I wouldn't worry about the exact date - I would try and email and call people and let them know the change - at this point I don't think someone is going to change their mind based on a week.

Do you have a wedding website? This was a great way for us to communicate to people the change - we simply sent a mass email to everyone with a message saying that travel dates had changed and to check the website for more informatioN!

#5 MissyR

MissyR
          • 1,210 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:11 PM

Just as an FYI we have people coming from Calgary and Toronto and the Toronto flight has been full since march... they do fill up ..

#6 Kat81

Kat81
            • VIP Member
            • 7,615 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:30 PM

also, Have you tried investigating it yourself at all? Call the airports or get online and research some.... maybe your guests can fly a different day or to a different location for their connecting flight.

#7 Elizabeth

Elizabeth
              • 100 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:04 PM

That is really annoying and upsetting. Sorry that happened, good advice for future brides though.
                Elizabeth

#8 heather007

heather007
                • 620 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:29 PM

Okay, but how do I tell my guests about the moved wedding date? Thanks so much for all of the great suggestions.

~~

#9 TA Lindsay

TA Lindsay
                  • 413 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:49 PM

Heather, I'd just send out an email or if some folks don't have email, you could make up a little 'save the date' type thing - just notifying them of the change in wedding date. Also, post it on your website, and word of mouth always works as well - don't panic too much!!!
                    :)
                    Linds

#10 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
                    • 1,881 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

I think it's still early enough that you can send an updated STD out to everyone. I am sure they will be very undertsanding!

This has made me very scared. Dean and I booked out travel with no problem, but I have got to get my STD's out today!!!
                      http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                      February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users