Sign in to follow this  
heather007

Oh my Gosh- Help!!!!

The planes are already full?! Then I am in deep crap because I am just about to send out my invites and nobody has booked and ALL my FI family lives in Saskatoon except his Mom!!!

Back to you...everything is NOT ruined! It is a minor bump it's going to happen in the planning. Tell her to back off

Don't panic yet! Try talking with another TA...see what he/she says - get your 'second opinion.' Is there a nearby departure city you can use instead??

OK first of all take a deep breath. The same thing happened to us - we were supposed to leave earlier and there was a problem with the flights. I wouldn't worry about the exact date - I would try and email and call people and let them know the change - at this point I don't think someone is going to change their mind based on a week.

Do you have a wedding website? This was a great way for us to communicate to people the change - we simply sent a mass email to everyone with a message saying that travel dates had changed and to check the website for more informatioN!

Just as an FYI we have people coming from Calgary and Toronto and the Toronto flight has been full since march... they do fill up ..

also, Have you tried investigating it yourself at all? Call the airports or get online and research some.... maybe your guests can fly a different day or to a different location for their connecting flight.

Heather, I'd just send out an email or if some folks don't have email, you could make up a little 'save the date' type thing - just notifying them of the change in wedding date. Also, post it on your website, and word of mouth always works as well - don't panic too much!!!

:)

Linds

I think it's still early enough that you can send an updated STD out to everyone. I am sure they will be very undertsanding!

This has made me very scared. Dean and I booked out travel with no problem, but I have got to get my STD's out today!!!