Jump to content

Photo

Starfish Passing Thread


  • Please log in to reply
1448 replies to this topic

#1311 JayKay

JayKay
  • Sr. Member
  • 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

I have and haven't heard anything back.

 

Originally Posted by kellygrrrl 


I think I've tracked her down on Facebook and send a message. please reach out to her via PM or other source if you haven't already.

 

Quote:



 



 



#1312 kellygrrrl

kellygrrrl
  • Member
  • 614 posts

    Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:00 AM

    hey ladies - just wanted to send an update on the clear starfish. I talked with jmilka over the phone. essentially, her assistant sent the starfish to one of her clients by accident (instead of jaykay). jmilka is going to deliver the starfish to jaykay's hotel in calgary, where jaykay is staying before her flight.

     

    I'd encourage all of you to exchange phone numbers as well as contact information so you can get in touch if the starfish doesn't show up. I completely understand how small accidents happen, and I think having the ability to talk with the person who is sending you the starfish will alleviate a lot of the stress in waiting.  

     

    best of luck jaykay! I hope everything works out. : )
     

    Originally Posted by JayKay 

    I have and haven't heard anything back.

     



     



     



    #1313 JayKay

    JayKay
    • Sr. Member
    • 3,472 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
    • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
    • LocationSouthern Alberta

    Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

    So I picked up the starfish at the hotel in Calgary we stayed at the night before.  He was missing a few gems, a couple I glued back together, and the stick is broken, but nothing a little super glue didn't fix.  I am home now and was so thankful to have the starfish with me on my special day!!  I am going to send him off to the next bride tonight!



    #1314 Brenners

    Brenners
    • Member
    • 807 posts

      Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

      How was your special day JayKay?  Please post pics soon!
       

      Originally Posted by JayKay 

      So I picked up the starfish at the hotel in Calgary we stayed at the night before.  He was missing a few gems, a couple I glued back together, and the stick is broken, but nothing a little super glue didn't fix.  I am home now and was so thankful to have the starfish with me on my special day!!  I am going to send him off to the next bride tonight!



       



      #1315 JayKay

      JayKay
      • Sr. Member
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

      Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

      My special day was amazing!!  It was the best part of the trip as the rest of it was filled with unecessary inlaw drama which I'm going to try remember only the good parts of our trip!

       

      I sent you the starfish tonight! Should be there in 7 days.

       

       

       

      Originally Posted by Brenners 

      How was your special day JayKay?  Please post pics soon!
       



       



       



      #1316 JayKay

      JayKay
      • Sr. Member
      • 3,472 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
      • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
      • LocationSouthern Alberta

      Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:07 AM

      Here is a picture of the clear starfish in my bouquet:

       

      Mason&JayneJamaica 200.JPG

       

       

      I also had my blue starfish I was going to put in my bouquet as well, however, my bouquet was actually pretty small and having both of them in there looked pretty weird, so my bridesmaid had the blue starfish (the one I will be passing around) in her bouquet.



      #1317 mrsrepp

      mrsrepp
      • Newbie
      • 41 posts

        Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

        This is such a great idea and I'd LOVE to get in on the fun!!  Our wedding is March 29, 2013, but the place hasn't been determined yet, somewhere in Riviera Maya/Playa del Carmen is where we're focusing.  And I live in San Diego, CA.  Any other information you need to add me?

         

        PS - JayKay, I love your bouquet! Did you use the resorts florist or did you bring them with you?



        #1318 Brenners

        Brenners
        • Member
        • 807 posts

          Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:43 PM

          Beautiful JayKay!  Love it and cannot wait to use it in my bouquet! 
           

          Originally Posted by JayKay 

          Here is a picture of the clear starfish in my bouquet:

           

          Mason&JayneJamaica 200.JPG

           

           

          I also had my blue starfish I was going to put in my bouquet as well, however, my bouquet was actually pretty small and having both of them in there looked pretty weird, so my bridesmaid had the blue starfish (the one I will be passing around) in her bouquet.



           



          #1319 JayKay

          JayKay
          • Sr. Member
          • 3,472 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
          • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
          • LocationSouthern Alberta

          Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:47 PM

          I used to resort florist. Actually we had a free wedding package and my bouquet was included.  They had a bunch of different ones to choose from and thats the one I choose.  I really loved it and was kind of sad to have to leave it behind in Jamaica!!

           

          Originally Posted by mrsrepp 

          This is such a great idea and I'd LOVE to get in on the fun!!  Our wedding is March 29, 2013, but the place hasn't been determined yet, somewhere in Riviera Maya/Playa del Carmen is where we're focusing.  And I live in San Diego, CA.  Any other information you need to add me?

           

          PS - JayKay, I love your bouquet! Did you use the resorts florist or did you bring them with you?



           



          #1320 AllieH

          AllieH
          • Resort/Area Ambassadors
          • 2,014 posts
          • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
          • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
          • LocationAtlanta, GA

          Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:48 PM


          Hey JayKay! While you were celebrating your big day, we finalized ours. 

           

          We'll be traveling Nov 2nd - Nov 10th, with our big day on Nov 5th. WHEW!!! 

          Originally Posted by JayKay 

          I did!


           

           

          Jaykay's BLUE Starfish
                 
          Who? When?  Where?  From?
          Jaykay January 9-16, 2012 Runaway Bay, Jamaica Alberta, Canada
          canadiangirl April 11-18, 2012 Montego Bay, Jamaica Ontario, Canada
          deesanders33 August 8-18, 2012 Punta Cana, DR Houston, TX
          AllieH November 4-13, 2012 Riviera Maya Fort Worth, TX
          asiammarie1 December 6-21, 2012 Punta Cana, DR Glens Falls, NY

           



           



           


           

          Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

          Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

          El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

          AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome





          0 user(s) are reading this topic

          0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users