Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DanielleNDerek

Nov 08 brides

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
I love pink and green together. I can't wait to see your bm dresses.
Here they are:

Click the image to open in full size.

FI's suit (not with this shirt though):

Click the image to open in full size.

FI's tie (same color as green BM dress):

Click the image to open in full size.

This is my flower girl bucket, one of my more recent DIY projects:

Click the image to open in full size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celina i just looked at the weddingtropics website to see the white pants with the white shirt next to the gm with the natural tan pants. I actually do like the white pants with the white shirt. I didn't think i would, but it did look nice. I think you'd be fine either or. Oh and be careful with the white pants, some of them are really see through. That could make your wedding very interesting. lol

 

If there's a K&G near anyone they had really nice linen pants on sale for $14.99, only thing is they were all very long like 36 inch lengths so we had to get them altered but that's not too much more to get done at K&G. they didn't have that many left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

beachbride - i really like those dresses, they are perfect for a DW. They look very flowy which is what i was looking for in a bm dress. Are you getting married on the beach or gazebo? the fg bucket is adorable, i'm not having a fg.

 

I like the suit. where did you get it?

 

a couple of weeks ago my fi started to look at tan linen suits for the wedding and i just looked at him and said "I had to fight with you to wear a long sleeve shirt and now you want to wear a suit." I think i could of killed him, he was such a baby about having to wear long sleeves. I had to walk away from him when he was looking at suits or i might of smacked him. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
beachbride - i really like those dresses, they are perfect for a DW. They look very flowy which is what i was looking for in a bm dress. Are you getting married on the beach or gazebo? the fg bucket is adorable, i'm not having a fg.

I like the suit. where did you get it?

a couple of weeks ago my fi started to look at tan linen suits for the wedding and i just looked at him and said "I had to fight with you to wear a long sleeve shirt and now you want to wear a suit." I think i could of killed him, he was such a baby about having to wear long sleeves. I had to walk away from him when he was looking at suits or i might of smacked him. lol
Let me just tell you that I got the best deal on the wedding party clothes. The dresses and tie are from Ann Taylor Celebrations line, and I got them on clearance. The dresses were $28 or $32 (I can't remember) and the shipping was only $10. I got an extra green dress for a flower girl dress to be made, otherwise I might just look for a flowergirl dress. Most I have seen have been pricey so I think it might cheaper to have one made. I got FI and our dads the ties for around the same price. They were regular price, but I had a 25% off coupon. The suit is from Kohl's and we got that on sale too. It is the Chaps brand and is 100% cotton, and I think we got it for $130 ($200 regular). My FI plans on only wearing the jacket for ceremony and pics. He is wearing a long sleeve white shirt, but will probably roll up the sleeves after. He was complaining about the heat and wearing a suit, but I talked him into it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride08 View Post
My dress is ivory too. My FI is wearing a tan suit with white shirt, and the best man and ring bearers are wearing tan/khaki pants and white shirts. I figured that would be the best option to go with ivory. My BMs are wearing pink and green dresses with ivory flip flops.
I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
I love pink and green together. I can't wait to see your bm dresses.
I LOVE it too! I did my daughters room (once) in pink and kelly green - I loved it! Now she's into Rock & Roll - so long gone are those days of the pink and green sad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
Celina i just looked at the weddingtropics website to see the white pants with the white shirt next to the gm with the natural tan pants. I actually do like the white pants with the white shirt. I didn't think i would, but it did look nice. I think you'd be fine either or. Oh and be careful with the white pants, some of them are really see through. That could make your wedding very interesting. lol

If there's a K&G near anyone they had really nice linen pants on sale for $14.99, only thing is they were all very long like 36 inch lengths so we had to get them altered but that's not too much more to get done at K&G. they didn't have that many left.
HA - that is funny about the pants - yeah, he has some white linen pants which fit him oh so nicely! I bought them last year at Macys. I am going to have to go to a K&G and check it out. I have been meaning to go for quite some time and none of them are located by us.

I just ordered my thank you cards from Vista Print for my BM gifts. I also ordered 25 alligator clips from Minordetails.com so I can get started on hair flowers. I think my signature look for the trip will be the flower tucked behind my ear. My hair is getting so long, so it will look loose and curly and very romantical! I have looked at every Michaels and Hobby Lobby and can't find those stupid clips anywhere! FI said I should go to a "Smoke Shop" to see if they sell them there since they are referred to as "Roach Clips".

I told you guys he embarrased the heck out of me by saying in a VERY loud voice at Michaels, "Oh you need to buy roach clips"? "You should have said that earlier, I didn't know what you were talking about". I could have crawled under a shelf and died! Of course people were looking at us, and I responded "I'm not going to smoke a doobie - I am making a flower clip for my hair". He just laughed and walked away. LOLOL!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lmao, a roach clip. my fi likes to embarrass me all the time. I've gotten the "Oh you need Pepto because you have the runs" really loud at the drugstore. That's always sweet of him. lol

 

I just ordered my hair flower off ebay last week, can't wait to see it. I'm not crafty enough to make my own. I probably could of gotten my mom to do it, but i have her doing my jewelry and the bms jewelry already. I'm also going to wear my hair down and i want it in wavy curls and flower on the side like you were explaining celina. I just can't find a pick of what i want to show the hairdresser.

 

OMG Michelle i think i'm sick to my stomach seeing how much you paid for your dresses. why couldnt' i find a deal like that, that's awesome. I had to get mine from the bridal salon, i had the worse time picking out dresses. And i've heard fg dresses are really expensive, more than bm dresses. I hope you can find someone to make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i've been putting off going through my to-do list but here goes, this is what i have left to do:

- Choose Menu

- Design and print menus for reception

- book DJ and cocktail hr music (might get trio) through resort

- Purchase bridal undergarments

- go clothes shopping for trip

- Get accessories (my mom is making my jewelery so almost done)

- Pick wedding cake (i kinda don't really care what it looks like, is that wrong?)

- make must play song lists and cds for reception, cocktail hr, ceremony

- insure engagement ring, no i still haven't done that, i'm bad i know!

- decide on welcome reception

- purchase grooms shirt and one other groosman shirt

- find a pic of hairstyle

- finish making CDs for oot bags (Mood music for Punta Cana)

- make labels for pashminas and oot bags

- put the oot bags and pashminas together

- Get makeup done at Sephora

- pick out wedding bands

- make wedding programs

- make welcome booklets

- pay trip balance

- drop off oot bags before we depart

- make seating plan and place cards

- get documents translated for legal ceremony

- lose 20 more lbs

- Have dress fittings

 

I really think that's it. I'm trying not to add any more projects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's my to do list:

  • Finish tanks for BM's and FG
  • Make cards and buy boxes for handkerchiefs
  • write vows
  • get a vase for sand ceremony
  • get sand for sand ceremony
  • finish Tears of Joy packets
  • Order Cake boxes and then embelish
  • Make tags for blumebox vases
  • download music
  • buy sash for FG dress
  • Sew tulle on bottom of FG dress
  • Order water bottle labels and Tears of Joy envlopes from Oriental Trading
  • Make copies of Spanish word translator
  • Finish buying OOT bag stuff (Just need a few odds and ends)
  • Order Personalized M&M's
  • Finish flip flops
  • finish hair clips
  • finish programs
  • finish luminaries
  • get groom - groomsmen and RB clothes
OH JOY OH JOY!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleNDerek View Post
OMG Michelle i think i'm sick to my stomach seeing how much you paid for your dresses. why couldnt' i find a deal like that, that's awesome. I had to get mine from the bridal salon, i had the worse time picking out dresses. And i've heard fg dresses are really expensive, more than bm dresses. I hope you can find someone to make it.
It was pure luck trust me. They just happened to have colors the colors I wanted and sizes that would fit my BMs. I planned on buying my BMs dresses so I budgeted $150 for each. That allowed me to get better gifts for them, but I'm not done with those yet. I'm getting them a bunch of stuff, and calling them by BM swag bags!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×