Photo

Beware of Canada Post Regulations

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 heather007

heather007
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:02 PM

$10.00!!!! Oh my goodness that is insane!!!! **Sidenote: I can totally see why my cousin used Facebook invitations. Totally tacky though.

What are you going to do?

~~

#12 MissyR

MissyR
    • 1,210 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

Ours were odd sized - so they did cost $1.15 each - but I mailed one to my sister first and they were fine. We got our shells from Dollarama - a whole bag for a buck - and then I had my dad drill a hole in each one.. trying to find my post..

#13 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
      • 1,565 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:32 PM

ya know why... cause canada sucks they have way too many regulations on everything.. i stopped trying to go up there because they always hassle me at the border. i got banned last time for a year

#14 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
        • 235 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:03 PM

Yeah. I was going to hand deliver them but then the thought of stopping in on everyone from FH's family was too much...lol.

We just scrapped the idea and are mailing out regular pocketfold. I'll probably just tie it closed with ribbon. I know, how original, eh?

#15 MarchBride

MarchBride
          • 101 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:25 PM

OMG!! This is insane. Thanks for the info.

#16 h&a

h&a
            • 321 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:39 PM

I know... the regulations are crazy! Just as I was finishing my invites I found out about the height restrictions. It would have been $10 something to ship my boxed invites. We ended up cutting each box down w/ an xacto knife to get it below the 0.75 inch requirement... doing that dropped it down from $10 something a box to $1.15... it doesn't make any sense.
              Here's my invites so you know what I'm talking about
              http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t18108

#17 heather007

heather007
              • 620 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:33 AM

Heidi,
                Those are amazing!!!! So beautiful. It makes me wish that we had a bigger budget, but I am a full time university student so we don't have the extra cash.
                **We did have it saved up- but then Francis decided to buy: a 60" plasma for the basement and brand new golf clubs. Needless to say, suddenly our wedding budget disappeared....
                I shouldn't complain too much though- he did buy me a laptop and golf clubs too once he found out how "angry" I was that our budget went- so that didn't really help matters. We are both to blame. **sigh**

~~

#18 lscilley

lscilley
                • 1,466 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:07 AM

I sent out Baby Shower invites once with a charm and everyone got the invites and the charms were fine I say send them anyways.

#19 RyanAmanda

RyanAmanda
                  • 235 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:39 PM

Heidi those look great! Are the boxes from Nashville Wraps? I ordered a sample from them (the 5 X 7) but it didn't work for me. I'm putting a pocketfold inside that is 5X7 and it was the outside of the box that measured that size. There's no way a piece of paper 5 X 7 would fit in. The only place I found that had 5 X 7 as the inside measurement was Papersource and the way there boxes are designed, there's no way to cut them down in size.

#20 h&a

h&a
                    • 321 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:55 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by RyanAmanda
                      Heidi those look great! Are the boxes from Nashville Wraps? I ordered a sample from them (the 5 X 7) but it didn't work for me. I'm putting a pocketfold inside that is 5X7 and it was the outside of the box that measured that size. There's no way a piece of paper 5 X 7 would fit in. The only place I found that had 5 X 7 as the inside measurement was Papersource and the way there boxes are designed, there's no way to cut them down in size.
                      The boxes are from Fetpak Wholesale Jewelry Displays, Gift Bags, Tissue Paper, Pouches, Packaging Supplies at Fetpak.
                      item # 75WBI, measuring 7 x 5 1/2 x 1. FI cut out a wooden template just under 0.75 inches to fit inside the boxes and with a really sharp xacto knife cut along the template. We then used liquid paper to go along the edges to match the white. They turned out well, and I don't think anybody noticed that they had actually been cut down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users