Photo

Ceremony Music

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 BRENDASTAR

BRENDASTAR
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:19 PM

Ok so what are you girls doing for ceremony music? I much rather have live music but not sure which one, mariachi, carribean trio, guitarist, sax player, etc.
    And they really only play music for the processional, right? and so how does that work? Do you pay them for the being there the for the ceremony? And then did you keep them around for the cocktail hour?

#2 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 January 2007 - 09:36 PM

i had a mariachi band for about an hour. they played for the ceremony (which wasn't very long) then most of the cocktail hour. i think they stayed a little longer than an hour

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 *JillD*

*JillD*
    • 5,112 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:20 PM

does the mariachi play some traditional wedding music

#4 cancun1007

cancun1007
      • Banned
      • 60 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:11 PM

We are planning on a tri for the ceremony which will last about 20mi. and the set is 45 min. long-

After that we will be taking some cd's to play on the beach. We plan on asking our guests what they would like to hear that day and burning cd's ahead of time...
        [SIGPIC][/sigpic]
        T minus 9 months and counting....

#5 Hummingbird

Hummingbird
        • 78 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:13 PM

A friend recently hired a string quartet; they played as the guests were arriving, for the processional, candle ceremony, and recessional, and then they played during the cocktail hour. And yes, I think you have to pay them for the entire time they are there, regardless of how much they play during the ceremony.

Personally, I think you should definitely have music as the guests are arriving, and during the cocktail hour. I loved her string quartet, but I'm partial to that kind of music. We had a DJ for our ceremony (way cheaper!), and had him play specific songs from CDs.

From your list, I like the idea of the Caribbean trio or the guitarist.
          ~A & C

#6 anaderoux

anaderoux
          • 3,220 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:00 AM

I'm having a girl that plays violin and his brother that plays electric piano.. they are great!

#7 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
            • 1,430 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:53 PM

My soon to be sister in law is a singer and she is singing during our ceremony. Check her out she is awesome!! http://www.myspace.com/rachaelbrady

We are having a mariachi band for our cocktail hour.

#8 BRENDASTAR

BRENDASTAR
              • 98 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:47 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by host
                i had a mariachi band for about an hour. they played for the ceremony (which wasn't very long) then most of the cocktail hour. i think they stayed a little longer than an hour
                What did the mariachi's play for the ceremony and did you pick it out?

#9 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:58 AM

Hmmm... I really want a solo guitar. If any one has any suggestions for one in PV let me know.... I'm having a church ceremony so I wonder how Ave Maria sounds on an acoustic guitar...

By the way Natalie, your FSIL sounds great!

#10 MERRYME

MERRYME
                  • 324 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:27 AM

Since our church "blessing" was a last minute thing. My coordinator downloaded ave maria and some other music for the church and played it from our ipod with speakers. It was gorgeous!! I could not believe how beautiful it sounded. All churches have great accoustics.
                    Alegria Inn - Todos Santos
                    22nd of December 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users