Photo

Yay! I have a pic! Question, though...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Hummingbird

Hummingbird
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 02:59 PM

So, I finally uploaded a siggy pic - wasn't as hard as I thought it would be! I chose a pic where you can't see our faces very well, though, b/c I really am paranoid about posting stuff on the internet. (Never done this before!)

So, my question is, honestly - am I being silly about that? A lot of the girls on here have tons of photos from their weddings, so it seems ok. Maybe I am just worried about what happened on those other wedding sites - you never know what someone might do with your photo! Anyway, please tell me if I'm just being too paranoid about this....

Thanks!
    ~A & C

#2 anaderoux

anaderoux
    • 3,220 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:05 PM

Don't worry, my FI is exactly like that hahaha, he hates that I have hi5, myspace, and fotolog and I am showing my pictures everywhere, but in fact in the other forums I don't do that.. here it feels.. I don't know how to say it.. it feels kinda cozy, like you know everyone.. but of course there are lurkers everywhere so if you want to protect yourself you're free to do it..
      cute picture by the way!! you look like a pincess!!

#3 Hummingbird

Hummingbird
      • 78 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

Aw, thanks - I totally felt like one! Just for one day, lol! I had to have the carriage, too - I ride horses, and that was the one thing I really wanted for our wedding. We had an outdoor wedding, so it made for a great entrance, too! I swear I'm not really a "princess type" in real-life, though, lol...

Thanks for the advice, too. I kind of agree about this forum; just wanted to get another perspective.
        ~A & C

#4 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
        • 11,659 posts
        • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:21 PM

well,

i would not post anything on the internet that you would be embarrassed by if someone stole...but your pic or wedding pic isn't embarrasing!

also, there aren't any members of the forum that would even think of doing something sinister with your pic BUT i have heard that other forums kind of create that energy.

if anyone were to do something like that on this forum, not only would they be banned but my scorpio side of me would probably do something evil to them.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
        Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
        Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
        Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
        sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
        Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 03:23 PM

right. the way i look at it is - what's the worst someone can do with a picture of paul and i? maybe that's naive - but i'd just rather not worry about it. and i don't post personal info. on here, and i think that's where you could get into trouble.

#6 Christine

Christine
          • VIP Member
          • 21,514 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
          • Wedding Location:Napa, California
          • LocationReno, NV

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:03 PM

love the picture, a horse drawn carriage is so romantic...don't post anything you don't want to...but I feel very comfortable on this forum and I am very anti-posting myself all over the internet because of being a teacher...my kids google me on a regular basis. I never wanted a myspace, but when we moved I it was necessary to communicate with friends and family. I have my myspace private and one of my kids still found me. Anyway long story short...I think Tammy does a good job keeping on top of people who are browsing around.
          Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#7 Hummingbird

Hummingbird
          • 78 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:41 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by host
            if anyone were to do something like that on this forum, not only would they be banned but my scorpio side of me would probably do something evil to them.
            So, you've basically got our back, right? Thanks!!
            And thanks for the encouragement, ladies. That makes me feel better!
            ~A & C

#8 Jen

Jen
            • 144 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:15 AM

Did I miss something....what happened on the other forum? I have to admit, I get a little paranoid too!!! I have a myspace but its private....most of my (teenage) clients ask if I have myspace and I always lie....whoops... but seriously, if there are crazy people on wedding forums...let me know!!!!

#9 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
              • 26,161 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:40 AM

I love the horse and carriage....that is sooo cool!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users