Quickie ceremony for 2 in Maui?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 smnewman

smnewman
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

Hi!

My fiance and I want to "elope" to Maui. We were going to have a ceremony with close family in Mexico, but it got too complicated, so we're going by ourselves to Hawaii - a place I've always wanted to go.
    I need advice on a beautiful location to have a quick ceremony so that it can be photographed and videotaped on the beach. We want to stay at a 4/5 star hotel / resort that is not totally geared toward families. We love outdoor activities, but we also love to party! I would appreciate any ideas...we're trying to plan this for June! : )

Thanks a bunch!!!
    Sarah

#2 jajajaja

jajajaja
    • VIP Member
    • 9,794 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

I have no recommendations but just wanted to say sorry the original plans didn't work out. At least you will save money and you won't have a ton of headaches now! Good luck!
      Happily married since 2008

#3 Christine

Christine
      • VIP Member
      • 21,514 posts
      • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
      • Wedding Location:Napa, California
      • LocationReno, NV

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:10 PM

look for the wedding reviews from Jessalyn and AnnR, they both had their legal marriage in Hawaii with just the two of them.
      Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#4 smnewman

smnewman
      • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:55 PM

Thanks! I'll check them out...if I can figure out how to search for them and maneuver around this forum! :)
        Sarah

#5 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

Here I am! My legal ceremony was in Hawaii (our wedding was in Mexico). We just did our thing at the Marriott where we were staying, nothing fancy at all. But check out my review (there's a link in my siggy) and let me know if you have any questions!

#6 smnewman

smnewman
          • 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:31 PM

Thanks for your reply. My Gosh, you were very thorough in your detailed wedding description! I'm sure tons of people have found that helpful.
            Congratulations on your pregnancy. :)
            Sarah

#7 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 24,768 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:36 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by smnewman
              Thanks for your reply. My Gosh, you were very thorough in your detailed wedding description! I'm sure tons of people have found that helpful.
              Congratulations on your pregnancy. :)
              I was a tad detailed ... but I wanted to help future brides if I could!

And thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users