• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:33 AM

Standing with one foot in front of the other is slimming too. I have a friend who always does that when we pose for pictures. In the words of Tyra Banks "elongate your neck." I always have to remember that for pictures or I have a double chin. Also, I think a longer necklace will be flattering. maybe something in a Y shape.

#12 PenMarie

PenMarie
    • 133 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:39 AM

Honestly, Denise...not sure what I was expecting either by your description...but I agree with the other girls here -- it's a lovely dress and it's very flattering on you.

#13 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
      • 2,302 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 10:13 AM

I agree, you are waaay to hard on yourself. That dress looks beautiful on you! I love the color and the style!
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#14 becks

becks

VIP

• VIP Member
        • 4,881 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 9, 2008
        • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya
        • LocationNew York

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:11 AM

Oh Denise, you silly girl!!!! You look fantastic! And I LOOOOOVE your dress!!!

Don't get higher heels unless you're used to them. The ones you were wearing looked great, and higher might make your feet sore.

I agree, a longer neckace, particularly a Y will be more slimming than a choker style.

But seriously, you look GREAT!

Happily married since 2008

Allurements by Rebecca - Destination Wedding Invitations and more

#15 Denise40

Denise40
        • 407 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:14 PM

Thanks again ladies. I have been searching for a "Y" necklace but really havn't found anything. I really appreciate the nice comments. It makes me feel better.

#16 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:23 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Denise40
            Thanks again ladies. I have been searching for a "Y" necklace but really havn't found anything. I really appreciate the nice comments. It makes me feel better.
            even if you dont find a nice y shaped necklace, just something longer will be flattering. You will look great!

glad we didn't confuse you too much by saying to stand like an S & wear a y necklace. You might get nervous the day of & stand like a Y.

#17 Kristie O

Kristie O
            • Banned
            • 369 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:29 AM

yeah, i hope that didnt confuse you, to make an "s" shape with your body... the photog should be able to show you what i meant:)

#18 nikkianddean

nikkianddean
              • 1,881 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:15 AM

I am a little late to this party, but that is a great dress! I think you are doing so many great things there:

You have an empire waist which makes the dress fall very nicely on you and it's very flattering! you have a nice flowing fabric that does not creat any bulk and looks very airy. and the color is great! I agree with the longer necklace (not a "y" shape) that will help create a longer line.

And let's not talk about the fact that you have paired it with the perfect sandal already- something that is strapless and makes your legs look even longer! I think you have a winner here - everything looks fabulous!
                http://i264.photobuc....h/IMG_1002.jpg

Mr. & Mrs. C
                February 14, 2009

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users