Photo

Need help with ceremony songs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Melba

Melba
  • 132 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:31 AM

I was trying to come up with songs for the ceremony and thought it would be cool to use Bob Marley songs. Some are very fitting and since they are more "fun" there is a greater chance I won't start bawling my eyes out as I walk down the aisle . Which is a good thing cause then I won't be a big bumbling mess trying to say our vows.

I'm not sure I like the bridesmaids song for them.... This is what I had so far:

Bob Marley - Three Little Birds - groom and groomsmen
    Bob Marley - Could You Be Loved - bridesmaids
    Bob Marley - Is This Love - processional
    Bob Marley -One love - recessional

I could swap out Is This Love for the bridesmaids and then put in the processional Lauryn Hill - Cant Take My Eyes Off Of You.

There's also the Big Mountain song - Baby, I love your way - but I think it might be too cheesy and I wouldn't know where to put it.

Any other ideas?

#2 nolaroy724

nolaroy724
    • 308 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:36 PM

I am going to use Is this Love as my recessional song - so I am partial to that suggestion.

Could you be loved is a little fast, so maybe you could switch that to your recessional song and they can walk down to One Love?

Instead of the Big Mountain song, how about Peter Tosh's Here Comes the Sun?

I think your song selections would be great in the order you have them though.

#3 morenaindc

morenaindc
      • 221 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:50 PM

what songs/order did you end up picking?

#4 jajajaja

jajajaja
        • VIP Member
        • 9,794 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:00 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Melba
          Some are very fitting and since they are more "fun" there is a greater chance I won't start bawling my eyes out as I walk down the aisle . Which is a good thing cause then I won't be a big bumbling mess trying to say our vows.
          I wouldn't worry about that. Once I started to walk down the aisle, I no longer heard the music. it's all a blur.

I like Could you be loved for the BMs. My music got all screwed up the wedding day, but I had planned on having "Baby i love your way" playing as the guests seated. Instead it became the bridal party entrance on accident. Oh well- I don't think it's a cheesy song though.
          Happily married since 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users