Photo

Sunsets in ROR??

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 flipflopbride

flipflopbride
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:48 PM

Hi Past ROR brides - I'm a newbie with hours and hours of research on this site! Thank you for sharing all you information and pics. It's been a great help. We plan on marrying in May 2009 in Jamaica and all the great reviews have sold us on Riu. I'm now torn between ROR or Negril! I love the beach wedding and reception offered at ROR but I sooooo wanted the sunset pics and experience. What's the sunset like in ROR? I know the ROR is on the east side of the island but sometimes a bay could change the view of a sunset. But I didn't see one sunset in any pics...

#2 serena

serena
    • 114 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:51 AM

im getting married there this May so i will try get some pics of the sunset and post them for you..

#3 christenew

christenew
      • 325 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:10 AM

I asked a guest who I know recently travelled there. He said it sets behind the resort not on the water. I wouldn't quote me on that because I havent seen it first hand.

#4 jmhein

jmhein
        • 665 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:46 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by christenew
          I asked a guest who I know recently travelled there. He said it sets behind the resort not on the water. I wouldn't quote me on that because I havent seen it first hand.
          Yes, this is true, the sun sets behind the resort. However, the sky still does turn a lovely pink colour and you can get a great view of it setting behind the Blue Mountains behind the resort. Still very beautiful!
          ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#5 flipflopbride

flipflopbride
          • 12 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

Thank you for your responses! It's good to hear there is still a beautiful view behind a mountian. We are now thinking of staying a week in ROR then a few days on Negril. Thanks :)

#6 Hez43

Hez43
            • 30 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:08 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by flipflopbride
              Thank you for your responses! It's good to hear there is still a beautiful view behind a mountian. We are now thinking of staying a week in ROR then a few days on Negril. Thanks :)
              Negril has the most beautiful sunsets. If you are really looking for that sunset wedding picture, put the dress back on in Negril and have someone take a pic with your camera...I know it's not the same, but one day is not enough to get all the pics you want. Plus any reason to wear the dress again is a good reason!

Heather
              Mrs. Gavin C. Maus

#7 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
              • 419 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:58 AM

Another idea is use the sunrise as a wonderful backdrop to a trash the dress session! I saw some really cool picture of that. I know it is really early to get up after a wedding but why sleep your honeymoon away?? I wish I could remember who posted those pictures cause they were wonderful!

#8 flipflopbride

flipflopbride
                • 12 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:53 PM

Ladies, good ideas! My finace' metioned about doing it at sunrise also. And I guess wearing the dress again would hardly be twisting my arm!! Serena, thank you for offering to take pictures of the sunset. I look forward to them!

#9 Hez43

Hez43
                  • 30 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:48 AM

Ladies, good ideas! My finace' metioned about doing it at sunrise also. And I guess wearing the dress again would hardly be twisting my arm!! Serena, thank you for offering to take pictures of the sunset. I look forward to them!
                    Above is the link to my honeymoon page and all of the sunset pics i took in Negril, if you're still interested. The sunsets there are just so beautiful! (And I live in Erie PA where the sunsets were once ranked #2 after Japan, who knew? LOL).

Heather
                    Mrs. Gavin C. Maus

#10 jmhein

jmhein
                    • 665 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:44 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Hez43
                      Snapfish: Share:Registration

Above is the link to my honeymoon page and all of the sunset pics i took in Negril, if you're still interested. The sunsets there are just so beautiful! (And I live in Erie PA where the sunsets were once ranked #2 after Japan, who knew? LOL).

Heather
                      Awww, Heather, you had the same suite at the ROR as me! The Jacuzzi Suite overlooking the entertainment area! I miss it!!
                      ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users