Dates Requested at ROR

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 amagee

amagee
  • 129 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:38 PM

Hey everyone,

Just need some advice... I have requested dates at the ROR twice now because our plans changed. Has anyone else had to do this? My plans are definate now and I keep emailing them but I don't want to put another request in I just asked them if they would change the date? Should I just submit another request and ask them to cancel the other requested dates? Any advice?

#2 chicklet

chicklet
    • 718 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

That's what I did as I panicked and thought I couldn't get my wedding date. I know there is a phone number you can call in mexico i think to alter things. You may want to try that.
      I have my travel agent attempting to change a date for me. do you know how long this takes?
      Which date do you want? January is pretty filled up now.

#3 amagee

amagee
      • 129 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:03 PM

I would like Friday January 16, 2009 at 1:00pm, that time is available online. I am hoping it won't take long to hear from them, last time they got back to me very quickly, especially if you email Cindy directly.

#4 chicklet

chicklet
        • 718 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:12 PM

I've waited a week now and haven't heard anything and still need to change my date. How many of them are there?

#5 amagee

amagee
          • 129 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

I just got an email back from Cindy tonight telling me she cancelled my other two requests and that I should now put in the one I wanted. So email her, it is just the same as emailing riu weddings, and she emailed me back within hours. So now I just went back on riu weddings and requested the date I wanted. Hope this helps? weddings@riu.com this is Cindy's email directly.

#6 chicklet

chicklet
            • 718 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:12 AM

I hope someone can help me out with this.
              I have my confirmation code for my wedding scheduled for Jan 22 but its telling me that my arrival date has to on monday jan 19th. I wanna fly either the saturday or sunday (17 th or 18th). Do I need to put in another request to change my arrival time??
              It says I need to enter my booking info as well- I don't have rates from the travel agent as of yet. How do I go about this?? How long will they hold that date?
              HELP!!!! I'm stressed.

#7 amagee

amagee
              • 129 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:22 AM

It is kind of confusing, but I have just been through all this. It says that you need to arrive 2 days prior, so when you fill out the request you have to put that you will be there two days before, then in the comments section you tell them your actual arrival date and I would email cindy the woman who does the booking. When I booked for Dec.30th, I wasn't going to be there until Dec.28 she said this was fine. Hope this helps?

#8 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
                • 489 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:46 AM

I don't think you need to worry about that.
                  I will be arriving saturday night and i'm getting married tuesday. Chandlyn said it was find. Just let her know.
                  I think a lot of bride didn't had 2 full business days and it was find
                  http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#9 chicklet

chicklet
                  • 718 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:42 AM

Can someone tell me what you need to do to actually get it confirmed?
                    Do you have to go through the whole speal again telling them what you want??
                    I have my confirmation number but I am just not sure what to do next. Outline what you did to get the wedding actually booked.

#10 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
                    • 813 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

I had my TA put a request in for me for the date/time that I wanted & at that time I also booked my room...as soon as I received confirmation of the wedding with the confirm number, I had to go back on the RIU website, put that number in to solidify everything, and then I received a receipt a few days later. To lock in your date and time, you have to have your room booked, or else they will release your date and time within I think 2-3 months.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users