Jump to content

Photo

Sandals Brides Updates!


  • Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#11 hollisandsteph

hollisandsteph
  • Jr. Member
  • 419 posts

    Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

    Whoohooo another Sandals Bride. Welcome!

    #12 AmandaR

    AmandaR
    • Jr. Member
    • 241 posts

      Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by bridget917
      Hi! I'm somewhat of a "newbie" to the forum. We're getting married on August 12 at SGOR! :)

      Bridget
      Welcome Bridget! It's exciting to see not only another Sandals bride, but another SGOR bride as well!

      Amanda

      #13 hollisandsteph

      hollisandsteph
      • Jr. Member
      • 419 posts

        Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

        I am still having trouble getting ahold of my wedding planner. I am one month and 2 days away and she will not return my emails/calls! I am really hoping I am not forgetting any last minute things I need to take care of. I really wanted to find out if it was too late to schedule a hair appointment and pictures. My MOH takes really awsome pictures as a hobby and she really wants to take them but I dont want her to have to worry about it since she is actually my only BM. I honestly think she does a better job than the pictures I saw from the Sandals photographers though. I guess I am just annoyed cause I contacted Darma sooo long ago and have followed up on it several time. This is the secound time I have gone through this with her. I know I am not having a large money making wedding but I feel I am sooo insignificant!

        #14 bridget917

        bridget917
        • Newbie
        • 140 posts

          Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:15 AM

          Thanks for the welcome! We just decided at the end of March that we wanted to get married this August--we've been talking about it for quite a while but never actually set the date. I'm so afraid that I'm going to forget to ask about something or forget to do something that I'm doing all of the researching I can!!!

          Bridget

          #15 IrieBride08

          IrieBride08
          • Member
          • 716 posts

            Posted 16 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by hollisandsteph
            I am still having trouble getting ahold of my wedding planner. I am one month and 2 days away and she will not return my emails/calls! I am really hoping I am not forgetting any last minute things I need to take care of. I really wanted to find out if it was too late to schedule a hair appointment and pictures. My MOH takes really awsome pictures as a hobby and she really wants to take them but I dont want her to have to worry about it since she is actually my only BM. I honestly think she does a better job than the pictures I saw from the Sandals photographers though. I guess I am just annoyed cause I contacted Darma sooo long ago and have followed up on it several time. This is the secound time I have gone through this with her. I know I am not having a large money making wedding but I feel I am sooo insignificant!
            Now that's interesting because Darma has been calling me weekly trying to get me to make my final selections. I feel bad because I'm really not going to making many. I think that since I moved my reception offsite, she's trying to pin me down on other details to bring in a little more money. LOL!!

            Hmmm, wonder why she's being such a stranger to you? I would try to call again and maybe ask to speak to another wedding consultant to just get things moving along and get your selections made.


            #16 bridget917

            bridget917
            • Newbie
            • 140 posts

              Posted 16 April 2008 - 01:56 PM

              hollisandsteph,

              That has got to be nerve wracking not being able to get in touch with your wedding planner! It's hard enough planning a wedding from far away and through someone that you don't know!

              For those of you who have been planning for a while, can you think of anything I need to ask my wedding planner about? Maybe things that aren't really mentioned in the wedding materials that they send you? I'm just so afraid of missing something!

              Bridget

              #17 Deenice

              Deenice
              • Newbie
              • 7 posts

                Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:41 PM

                I also an having a horrendous time getting anyone to respond to me (luckily, I have 4 months to go)...I cannot say anything about Sandals, as I havent been there, but the people at Unique Vacations that book for Sandals are just terrible...It might be just another wedding to them, but its MY wedding day to me

                I am a normally a polite, patient person, but soon they are going to unlease the bridezilla in me, I think......

                #18 AmandaR

                AmandaR
                • Jr. Member
                • 241 posts

                  Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:51 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by hollisandsteph
                  I am still having trouble getting ahold of my wedding planner. I am one month and 2 days away and she will not return my emails/calls! I am really hoping I am not forgetting any last minute things I need to take care of. I really wanted to find out if it was too late to schedule a hair appointment and pictures. My MOH takes really awsome pictures as a hobby and she really wants to take them but I dont want her to have to worry about it since she is actually my only BM. I honestly think she does a better job than the pictures I saw from the Sandals photographers though. I guess I am just annoyed cause I contacted Darma sooo long ago and have followed up on it several time. This is the secound time I have gone through this with her. I know I am not having a large money making wedding but I feel I am sooo insignificant!
                  I usually get a response within 2 days from Darma, but I did email her on Monday and have yet to hear back. Maybe she's out unexpectedly? The last time she was out of the office she let me know.

                  I don't think it's too late to schedule a hair appt and a photography package. Darma will just need full payment for each service before she can reserve them. That's one thing I'm learning throughout this process - you can give them a list of what you want, but unless it's paid in full, they will not move forward at all.

                  I'm few more days out weddingwise than you are, and late last week Darma was able to help me arrange for my mom and sister to get their hair done at SGOR.

                  I'm feeling pretty good at this point with the planning. I am going to email her soon though just to confirm everything that we've been emailing back and forth about for the last couple months - will definitely set my mind at ease, and I will have it all together in writing "just in case"!

                  Amanda

                  #19 hollisandsteph

                  hollisandsteph
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 419 posts

                    Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:41 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bridget917
                    hollisandsteph,



                    For those of you who have been planning for a while, can you think of anything I need to ask my wedding planner about?

                    Bridget
                    Everything cost extra. The "free" wedding is very basic. It included nothing. They can send you prices of everything though. Alot of it is very pretty and depending on what you have in mind worth the money. Also, are you having pictures taken? I am not overly impressed with the pictures I have seen already. I am going very cheep with them if I decided to book a photographer at all! If you do a search you can find some that I believe Iriebride posted. She's been a great help! (kissing up alittle here...lol)

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by IrieBride08
                    Now that's interesting because Darma has been calling me weekly trying to get me to make my final selections. I feel bad because I'm really not going to making many. I think that since I moved my reception offsite, she's trying to pin me down on other details to bring in a little more money. LOL!!

                    Don't feel bad about not making selections. It made more sence for you to move your reception. What was it $75 a head for the reception? It wasn't even going to be private was it? That is prolly why she is not responding to me. I am not much of a money maker for them. It is kinda frustrating cause reguardless it is my wedding. Even if it is not important to Sandals it is important to me. I am going to wait until tomorrow (when I have the money to book a hair appointment) and then I am going to complain.

                    #20 Melissa G

                    Melissa G
                    • Newbie
                    • 105 posts

                      Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:05 PM

                      Hi! I am getting married at SGOR in August. Where are you guys having your outside receptions? Is it a better price than Sandals? I think $75 is a little much considering it is already all-inclusive.

                      Thanks!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users