ethnic brides past and present

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 nettyboop11

nettyboop11
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:51 AM

Ladies,

If you marry at the RIU Ochi and use the salon there for hair or makeup, please post your experience and some pictures.

Thanks,

Nettyboop

#22 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
    • 382 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:15 AM

I am in the process of posting a "how-to" video for makeup on youtube.com. I am uploading it now and will start a thread for folks who are choosing to do their own makeup... It should be up within the next 5 mins...I hope

#23 kay726

kay726
      • 218 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 07:16 PM

I got married at Sandals Dunns River which is right next door to RIU Ocho Rios in May 07. It was very hot and humid, so I opted for the up do because I would have sweat out my style by the end of the reception. I am not sure about the stylists at RIU but the Jamaican ladies at Sandals Dunns River did a great job with my hair. I had a pony tail put in before I left for Jamaica and they just did pincurls the day of the wedding. Very easy. After the wedding, the ladies on the beach can cornrow your hair if you would want to be free to swim etc without the worry of messing up the pony tail.

#24 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
        • 382 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:43 AM

your hair looks so pretty.

#25 FYB87

FYB87
          • 976 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 09:43 AM

Has anyone gotten married in the Dominican Republic in Spring (April, May or June)?

#26 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
            • 1,260 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by nettyboop11
              Ladies,

If you marry at the RIU Ochi and use the salon there for hair or makeup, please post your experience and some pictures.

Thanks,

Nettyboop
              Here is the pic i showed them:
              Click the image to open in full size.

This is what she did:

So you can imagine I was a little upset! But that was the trial, on the wedding day she did much better and i was very pleased. Let me see if i can find a good pic of my hair... this is the best pic i can find right now. It didn't move for 2 days!
              See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#27 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
              • 382 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 04:10 AM

1st off I am so glad that girlfriend took care of that and fixed it, it doesn't look like the photo...but that style looked better.

2nd...where did you get that flower in your hair? I tried on my dress today and 75% decided that I am goinig to have my hair back...even if I don't, I want a flower like yours. Don't tell me you made if, cuz if you did you might as well send those instructions in an email too..lol

#28 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
                • 1,260 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by ButlerGirl08
                  1st off I am so glad that girlfriend took care of that and fixed it, it doesn't look like the photo...but that style looked better.

2nd...where did you get that flower in your hair? I tried on my dress today and 75% decided that I am goinig to have my hair back...even if I don't, I want a flower like yours. Don't tell me you made if, cuz if you did you might as well send those instructions in an email too..lol
                  Yep I made it. This is a little harder to explain though. The real touch flowers have a wire attached that is covered by the plastic stem. you have to strip off of the plastic part and all the coating on the wire. This i wrapped the wire around a bobby pin really tight and then put a drop of hot glue on it to make sure its secure. I made several just in case something happened to it in my luggage. I had 2 in my hair and BMs each had 1.
                  See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#29 LadyP

LadyP
                  • 3,156 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:32 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by twelve_piece
                    Here is the pic i showed them:

This is what she did:

So you can imagine I was a little upset! But that was the trial, on the wedding day she did much better and i was very pleased. Let me see if i can find a good pic of my hair... this is the best pic i can find right now. It didn't move for 2 days!
                    you look beautiful

#30 ButlerGirl08

ButlerGirl08
                    • 382 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:14 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by twelve_piece
                      Yep I made it. This is a little harder to explain though. The real touch flowers have a wire attached that is covered by the plastic stem. you have to strip off of the plastic part and all the coating on the wire. This i wrapped the wire around a bobby pin really tight and then put a drop of hot glue on it to make sure its secure. I made several just in case something happened to it in my luggage. I had 2 in my hair and BMs each had 1.
                      Okay, I kinda follow you (I am very visual and don't do to good following directions...lol) but what are real touch flowers and where did you get them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users