Sign in to follow this  
JPMO

The Dazzling Details Contact: Kristin

Hi, Jenetta. I am trying to decide between getting married in Cabo or Puerto Vallarta (Las Caletas, specifically). Can I ask why you decided NOT to get married in PV? Or just tell me if it was something bad about getting married in PV that made you change your mind!

I initially wanted a boutique type of resort. PV have alot of massive properties or highrises. I selected the Quinta Real initially but it was too expensive for guests. Followed by Villa Amor in Salyulita but they wouldn't budge on pricing since I would reserve the entire property. I also liked the villa idea but family chose against that. In addition, PV is older so when looking at the rooms I thought it looked more outdated. PV is a great value right now especially with Cabo's popularity. Also, knowing what I know now, if we decided on PV I would've used the Dreams property. Great value, nice rooms, beach front.

Let me know what you decide...good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMO View Post
When I was initially getting married in PV I was going to use Kristin. She's great and has a wonderful eye for detail.

www.thedazzlingdetails.com

I contacted The Dazzling Details, and Kristin responded almost immediately. However, it sounds like she's very busy! Since I am looking into a wedding in April or June 2007 - she wasn't able to fit me in. Here was her respose ...

-------------------------------------------------
Congratulations on your engagement and thank you for your interest in weddings by The Dazzling Details !

Unfortunately, we are unable to assist you in planning your day as we are completely booked up until October of 2007. I would suggest you contact Lucie or Tamara at www.incredibleweddingsandevents.com – they are a great coordination team and Iâ€m sure will be happy to help if available!

Best wishes!

Kristin Crawford

weddings@thedazzlingdetails.com
www.thedazzlingdetails.com
-------------------------------------------------

she did the same to me. she was the first i vender i contacted. She told me she couldn't plan that far in advance (June 200cool.gif and to contact her next summer! That kind of turned me off!

I'm starting to get the feeling that I should go with the coordinator at the hotel we choose instead of going through an outside agency. It seems like its best to go with an outside agency if your planning to have your wedding at a villa.

I'm so confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyhmartin View Post
she did the same to me. she was the first i vender i contacted. She told me she couldn't plan that far in advance (June 200cool.gif and to contact her next summer! That kind of turned me off!

I'm starting to get the feeling that I should go with the coordinator at the hotel we choose instead of going through an outside agency. It seems like its best to go with an outside agency if your planning to have your wedding at a villa.

I'm so confused!
amy,

i would hold off on getting a coord until you decide what you want...most of the time, the larger resorts have in-house WC so you can start there...if you want something more complicated, then you can think of hiring another WC but you will waste $$ doing it the other way around...some WC will sometimes sway you from getting married at a resort so they can make more commission...i had a WC in PV in fact email me there info and they alluded to that so we both got higher commissions...that really turned me off.

just do research...start jotting down what you envision your DW as...if you need feedback or want someone to bounce ideas off, we are here...is you have random questions...we are here.

thanks for the advise. I already know that i want my wedding at a hotel because i beleive my guests would have a better time at an AI. Right now i'm just searching for the best rates (accomidations and DW)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
I wonder if this link will work, but I came accross more pictures of weddings from the dazzling details. She has great ideas!

Yahoo! Photos - thedazzlingdetails's Photos
Amy I am so excited that you found this site. I have been a fan of Kristin since day one! I really wish that she were in Cabo. Each wedding is different, not cookie cutter at all.