Photo

Help me decide what kind of wedding band I should get!

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 EDYTA

EDYTA
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:44 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anacgarcia
    Ann have you made a decision? I'm in a dilema between eternity band and half or 3/4 eternity..
    I really want eternity but they've told me that it's not good for everyday use.. I don't know what to do..

I was 100% sure I wanted the eternity band aswell and have been in love with it for ages till i tried it on with my ring and it doesnt look right at all....so I've decided to go with 11 diamonds so thats more than half way around in a channelled setting ill post a pic once i find one....u save so much money and u can have bigger diamonds if u choose to and terry said he'd buy me an eternity band for our anniversary

have u tried any on yet?

#32 TammyB

TammyB
    • 10,630 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:46 PM

That's a good idea about the 1/2 size bigger, besides for the most part your wedding band will keep it on.

#33 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:51 PM

I like the idea of 3/4 around too - if you could post a picture, that would be great, Edyta!

Paul really likes the plain band - no diamonds. And I like it too for some reasons - but not sure I'd ever want to wear it alone, it would be too plain, But then again, not sure I will ever take my e-ring off!

I'd love to find a store where I could try on all styles - I'd get a better idea that way. I've tried on some here and there, but not all at once, and never in the right style or size. Maybe Tiffany's is the best place to try that.

#34 EDYTA

EDYTA
        • 1,277 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:53 PM

so here are the 2 that I'm looking at...they look a lot better on than the pic

Click the image to open in full size.

#35 anaderoux

anaderoux
          • 3,220 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:54 PM

I tried on some at a mall jewelry, they were half eternity and I really HATE how the metal looked in the back,.. it was so thick, really disgusting..

here's an exaple of what I want:
            http://i75.photobuck....o/P1060142.jpg

and I think I might buy it here:
            Signed Pieces

#36 anaderoux

anaderoux
            • 3,220 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:58 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by EDYTA
              so here are the 2 that I'm looking at...they look a lot better on than the pic

Edyta how much did you pay for the 2nd?

#37 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 24,768 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:59 PM

I'm not opposed to ordering online (I may save that link!), but I need to figure out what size I'd want/need first. I guess that's an obvious point!

That's pretty much what I am looking for, except princess diamonds since my e-ring diamonds are princess.

#38 anaderoux

anaderoux
                • 3,220 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:14 PM

Ann I am a member to a diamond forum (pricescope) and they've really made up my mind about ordering online.. In fact I would have bought (well my FI) my e-ring online if I've known that site before.. online jewelers have really good prices and quality..

#39 EDYTA

EDYTA
                  • 1,277 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:19 PM

I totally agree with Ana online retailers have amaing prices...u don't have to pay for the store and the amount of peopel so prices go down...also check out

diamondsonweb.com

or

bluenile.com

Ana - I was quoted $2500 CAN for the second one it came to 1.30 carats in total weight the colour and clarity were really good in this one...but I also found cheaper ones for about $1500 at other places

#40 EDYTA

EDYTA
                    • 1,277 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

o sry i made a mistake that price $2500 was for an eternity the half way around was $1000...sry I made a mistake the pick above is half way around for $1000

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users