Photo

Spanish Dancing Songs

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 DRbride

DRbride
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:10 PM

I wanted to know if anyone can help me out. I'm trying to find some energetic Spanish / Latin songs that will get everyone dancing. I love salsa music and anytime I'm somewhere and its being played, everyone is up and dancing like crazy. I would like to want to put a couple songs onto my playlist and wanted to know if anyone had any suggestions.

Thank You!!!

#2 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 5,752 posts
    • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

hahah...my FI would kill me for saying this...but..... when we go out dancing in mexico, my FSIL and i get so hyped up dancing to shakiras spanish albums

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

If this doesn't get them moving I don't know what will....lol One of my favorites - Celia Cruz, la vida es un carnaval

YouTube - Celia Cruz - La Vida Es Un Carnaval

#4 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:00 PM

my FI made an awesome mix of songs he wants the dj to play at our wedding, i will get the song list from him. ALL the songs are in spanish, almost all are by mexican artists. we dance to these songs anytime we hear em!

#5 CarrieRN

CarrieRN
      • 815 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Maura
        my FI made an awesome mix of songs he wants the dj to play at our wedding, i will get the song list from him. ALL the songs are in spanish, almost all are by mexican artists. we dance to these songs anytime we hear em!
        Ooh, sounds fun! I can't wait to see/hear the list! We are making CDs for our OOT/get ready bags and I want to inlcude some Mexican tunes to get people ready!
        http://i236.photobuc....m/IMG_1472.jpg
        Philip at 1 yr old. Go Steelers!
        Soon I will get to post wedding pics, figure I should get some more Philip in first!

http://dv.daisypath.com/Mvdhm5/.png

#6 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 5,752 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:14 PM

there are tons of 80s and early 90s hits on it, some of them are just effing hilarious, but i must admit, i know the words to a lot of them already since he's been playing it so much lately!

#7 gttrph

gttrph
        • 27 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:57 PM

that would be soo great if you could post them b/c we have NO clue about which spanish songs would be great to dance to.. does anyone have any kind of carribean/calypso type music that would be fun as well??

#8 Opice34

Opice34
          • 414 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

Check out Juanes or Manu Chao! (J is Colombian (i think) and Manu is a mix of Spanish/French and something else, but they both sound very latin)

#9 DRbride

DRbride
            • 108 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:50 AM

oh this is great! i'm going to check this out when i get home tonight. thanks girls!!

#10 can't wait!

can't wait!
              • 517 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:57 PM

You have to put Celia Cruz's "La Vida es un Carnaval" on your CD. It ALWAYS gets people out of their seats and on the dance floor.

Also, a really popular Mexican pop/rock band is called "Mana". They are awesome and some songs have a Carribbean feel to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users