Photo

St George Island, Florida

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 abileneway

abileneway
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:12 PM

I have my heart set on having my wedding on St. George Island. But I'm having a hard time coming up with vendors for the cake and music. Anybody have any suggestions?

#2 Alyssa

Alyssa
    • 11,793 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

i haven't heard of anyone else having a wedding there.

my first guess would be to contact local wedding planners / coordinators - in this situation you may have to hire one!

#3 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
      • 2,302 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

Here are a couple of sites I found via my friend google:

St George Island, Fl - Local weddings, venues, vendors, messages - Wedding Mapper

St George Island Home Rentals - Florida Outdoor Beach Weddings
        2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#4 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
        • Banned
        • 386 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:03 PM

If those links don't give you what you need to know - feel free to email me. I'm a couple of hours away from there so I don't know - but my cousin was married there a few months ago. I missed the wedding b/c I was working, but I can email and ask him.

:)

#5 gwynemark

gwynemark
          • 96 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:06 PM

Hi, Saint George Island is about 2 hours from me as well. Look up Appalachacola as thats the main city near St. George. It is beautiful but just to give you some FYI, the sun sets on the NON beach side of the island so if you want sunset shots, its not the best place in the world. As for a cake, definetely contact Cakes by Tanis, she did our wedding cake and oh my, not only was it beautiful but it was the best tasting wedding cake ever.........Wedding Cakes By Tanis Panama City Beach Florida she is in panama city which is an hour from St George but she will travel to deliver....

good luck

#6 abileneway

abileneway
            • 58 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

Thanks so much Gwyne!

#7 michaela

michaela
              • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2008 - 11:39 PM

I will be getting married on St. George August 16th. I found a very afforable consultant who has helped me get everything together. Her name is Amy Price and she owns Bayside Gallery and Florist.

#8 JennChris

JennChris
                • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Can u please let me know how Amy treated you and pictures and/or ideas about weddings. I am planning on a St.George island wedding in march 2013. Congrats again and good luck!

#9 khalter

khalter
                  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:31 PM

I am planning on getting married on St. George Island in July.  I have contacted Amy but we haven't connected.  I would like to know ideas about how to even start planning for a beach wedding...Thanks!

#10 Susan Holcomb

Susan Holcomb
                    • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

my daughter is having a wedding there next june and did you use Amy Price? if so were you happy with her services?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users