Jump to content

Photo

Napa Valley Honeymoon?


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
  • VIP Member
  • 931 posts

    Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

    Hi :)

    We did not honeymoon in Napa, but we have vacationed there - we stayed at and LOVED the Candlelight Inn. They have a private cottage "the cottage" that isn't on their website, but it's just fabulous.

    #12 sunnydaes

    sunnydaes
    • Member
    • 684 posts

      Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:00 PM

      As I said before, i'm having my Bachalorette party in Nappa. A friend of mine grew up in Nappa and her family still lives there so i contacted her to get some info. Here are the places she recommended.

      Solage Solage Calistoga
      Gaia Gaia Napa Valley – A Romantic Hotel and Spa.
      Napa River Inn www.napariverinn .com/

      #13 kristendotcom

      kristendotcom
      • Jr. Member
      • 294 posts

        Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:43 PM

        Thank you all for the advice. I am looking at every place recommended and should be booking by the end of the week. I'll let you know what we picked. THANKS AGAIN!!!

        #14 Kat81

        Kat81
        • VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

          Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:20 PM

          Whatever you do make sure you go on some sort of Wine Tour. I am sure that is assumed but it is truely soooo much fun. I haven't gone in a long time. BUT had a blast when I did. I heard great things about the Train but I know there are also services that provide a limo and take you around. FUN FUN FUN. Good luck!

          #15 kristendotcom

          kristendotcom
          • Jr. Member
          • 294 posts

            Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:59 PM

            Can anyone tell me about how far Calistoga is from Napa & Sonoma? I am finding there is alot of nice places to stay there.

            #16 Christine

            Christine
            • VIP Member
            • 21,514 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
            • Wedding Location:Napa, California
            • LocationReno, NV

            Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:08 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by sunnydaes
            As I said before, i'm having my Bachalorette party in Nappa. A friend of mine grew up in Nappa and her family still lives there so i contacted her to get some info. Here are the places she recommended.

            Solage Solage Calistoga
            Gaia Gaia Napa Valley – A Romantic Hotel and Spa.
            Napa River Inn www.napariverinn .com/
            just an FYI, the Gaia is actually in American Canyon so you have to drive about 15 minutes into Napa to get to the main wineries, with traffic on the weekends in the summer it could take up to 30 minutes. Its a beautiful hotel and they even have swans in the pond.
            Each room has a huge bed with really comfy bedding, which we loved.
            Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

            #17 Leia78

            Leia78
            • VIP Member
            • 2,459 posts

              Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:10 PM

              There are also really romantic "couple spa" places there. John and I went to one years ago...forgot the name...but it was really conducive to romance and relaxation. I'll try to remember the name. I think it was either in Calistoga or Sonoma.

              #18 Christine

              Christine
              • VIP Member
              • 21,514 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
              • Wedding Location:Napa, California
              • LocationReno, NV

              Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:15 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Kat81
              Whatever you do make sure you go on some sort of Wine Tour. I am sure that is assumed but it is truely soooo much fun. I haven't gone in a long time. BUT had a blast when I did. I heard great things about the Train but I know there are also services that provide a limo and take you around. FUN FUN FUN. Good luck!
              oh don't do the wine train, you can't get off to taste and its really expensive. You just ride around Napa but its so much more fun to get one of the tours. We hired a bus to take our friends and family around to about 4 wineries (by the way you can't do more than about 5-6 in a day)
              Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

              #19 kristendotcom

              kristendotcom
              • Jr. Member
              • 294 posts

                Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Leia78
                There are also really romantic "couple spa" places there. John and I went to one years ago...forgot the name...but it was really conducive to romance and relaxation. I'll try to remember the name. I think it was either in Calistoga or Sonoma.
                Oooh that sounds nice. Let me know if you remember the name of the place :)

                Thanks!

                #20 kristendotcom

                kristendotcom
                • Jr. Member
                • 294 posts

                  Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Christine
                  oh don't do the wine train, you can't get off to taste and its really expensive. You just ride around Napa but its so much more fun to get one of the tours. We hired a bus to take our friends and family around to about 4 wineries (by the way you can't do more than about 5-6 in a day)
                  Thanks for the advice, this company has great reviews on tripadvisor.com so I was thinking about using them:
                  Napa Valley Wine Tours - Charters - Wine Tasting




                  0 user(s) are reading this topic

                  0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users