Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jessica

Is it just me....

Recommended Posts

Damn Jenny, as crazy as that is I totally believe it. I'm willing to bet he hit them all!

 

I remember being in junior high and it was a big deal to kiss a boy. Now kids that age are giving blow jobs instead of kisses. It must have happened back then too but not as a general rule.

 

I hope that by the time I have an adolescent daughter there is a chastity fad going around!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I taught 8th grade the girls believed that if she had anal sex she was still a virgin and if she went down she was still a virgin. I had to let them know that that not only could they die from anal but they were no longer a virgin and given a title as ho etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
Damn Jenny, as crazy as that is I totally believe it. I'm willing to bet he hit them all!

I remember being in junior high and it was a big deal to kiss a boy. Now kids that age are giving blow jobs instead of kisses. It must have happened back then too but not as a general rule.

I hope that by the time I have an adolescent daughter there is a chastity fad going around!
oh yea he probably did.. its so sad how these girls make themselves look. You are right.. back in the day, it was about kissing. I didn't lose the big "V" until I was 17 but I didn't do it again for about 2 years after that. High school is a scary place.

There sorta is a chastity fad.. like those rings those Jonas Brothers are wearing. They're such teenies maybe these younger kids can look up to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't even get me started. My FI is a middle school teacher and some of the things these girls wear makes my eyes bulge. Especially when its hot out. We're talking skirts up to their butts, thongs sticking every which way, colored bras as tops...I mean wtf? My parents would have murdered me.

 

I hate myspace (sorry to you myspace lovers). I think it is the root of all evil. I've seen perfectly nice girls turn into whores b/c of it. I know its not the sites fault but still it keeps perpetuating a lifestyle. And if you are 15, 16 and boys only like the girls who have slutty pics up, its a lot of pressure on a teenager. When you are a teenager you have a myopic view of the world and all you can understand is your own world. They don't understand that when they grow up boys abuse and laugh at the girls who posted pics on myspace and marry the ones who had the sense to leave something to the imagination. Unfortunately at the time period in their lives in which they are living, peer pressure is so strong that you being an outside is just to awful to fathom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrvsbride View Post
I hate myspace (sorry to you myspace lovers). I think it is the root of all evil. I've seen perfectly nice girls turn into whores b/c of it. I know its not the sites fault but still it keeps perpetuating a lifestyle. And if you are 15, 16 and boys only like the girls who have slutty pics up, its a lot of pressure on a teenager. When you are a teenager you have a myopic view of the world and all you can understand is your own world. They don't understand that when they grow up boys abuse and laugh at the girls who posted pics on myspace and marry the ones who had the sense to leave something to the imagination. Unfortunately at the time period in their lives in which they are living, peer pressure is so strong that you being an outside is just to awful to fathom.
I totally agree with everything you said.

It is sad though that our culture encourages boys to lust after the sexy, "slutty" girls and marry the nice ones. I think it's a lose-lose. Girls are taught you must be sexy to have boys like you, you must bare your boobs, show off your ass, etc. It leaves some of the "nice" girls feeling like crap. Then when you are older, it's the other way around and the "wild" girls are the ones feeling like crap. It also really irks me how we chalk up the behavior as men just being men and boys just being boys without questioning it. Dismissing it as biology.

I just hope I can teach my son to respect women and girls as being more than just body parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian View Post
I just hope I can teach my son to respect women and girls as being more than just body parts.
What a good mommy!! I totally agree with everything said on here! It is more and more disturbing to see these little girls waltzing around with barely nothing on! My big question is WHY WHY WHY are the parents buying them clothes like this? Most of these girls are way to young to have jobs or be able to buy the clothes themselves - Which leads me to the next point of why the hell stores even make clothes that look like that for children? It is disgusting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×