dog lovers I need your help... incontinence??

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 StephanieMN

• 1,798 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:08 PM

Oh wow! Yor poor baby! I forgot you guys just moved there so you are probably still vet hunting, huh? That can be stressful. I can't offer you anything more than what has been already said other than goood luck.

#12 Alyssa

• 11,793 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:59 AM

i am sorry your puppy isn't feeling well. my 1st reaction when reading this thread was that you should get a 2nd opinion. i know you guys are new to AZ and to that Vet and i agree that something about their responsiveness seems a bit off - i can't quite put my finger on it.

Also, Welcome APRIL00 - how great to have an actual Vet's take on this situation!!

#13 tvt

• VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Alyssa
        Also, Welcome APRIL00 - how great to have an actual Vet's take on this situation!!
        Yes that is sooo great! This forum is way more than just a wedding forum - we have all sorts of great resources!

#14 stltk

• 120 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:26 PM

Hey there Tara. As far as the puppy piddling goes, I would tend to agree with the other previous posts. I was a vet assistant for past 16 yrs, not full-time anymore, but I still fill in as needed. Anyway, this is pretty common. Like some of the girls mentioned, it's probably due to the spay surgery. The bladder can get a little irritated during the surgery because of its location so close to the uterus. When it does, they tend to have this problem, or turn up with a UTI which is another reason for the piddles as others suggested. So, if it's still going on in a few days would prob be best to take her in for a urinalysis. That's what the vets I work for would tell a client to do. Also, if you aren't feeling comfortable with your current vet, certainly get a second opinion and find someone you trust more. long post again darnit..sorry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users