Photo

Alternative to a Photo Booth/ Guest Book?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:19 PM

Click the image to open in full size.

What do you all think of this Idea? Taking a white out board/ chalk board and having guest write a maximum of 3 words and take a pic??

I think it seems like a fun alternative to guest book/photo booth-ish idea?

#2 PaulaV

PaulaV
    • VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

That is a cool idea! They can be very creative.

Hmmm... you do have a lot of guests... could you have an instant camera or someone in charge of taking those photos?
      I would think it could eat up a ton of your photographer's time if they did it.

#3 Jenn

Jenn
      • 1,557 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

I think its a really cute idea, but maybe you could do it with a polaroid or like Paula said, have someone 'in charge' of it? I think it would definitely eat up your photographer's time if they did it, but its a really cute idea :)

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:01 PM

Cute. I like it. Too bad I just dropped off my marker board at goodwill. I might do this for a party or the AHR. Ahh, too many ideas!

#5 MissyR

MissyR
          • 1,210 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

Love this idea! If your photog is bringing an assistant you could see if that would work - the other option would be to set it up during cocktails - depending on the number of people you are having it wouldn't take very long!

#6 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:07 PM

thanks ladies! We may luck out an have 3 photogs since my photog is having some issues, so her back up is going another 2nd photog. She still wants to go and is planning on going, but she wanted to make sure that there will be 2 there. (long story, but may work to my benifit)

I'd have to ask if this is possible. It doesn't have to be everyone. I think it would be fun!

#7 MissyR

MissyR
              • 1,210 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:13 PM

IT's ironic this post came up today cause FI and were talking about it last night! The photogs (husband and wife) that we are bringing with us do this as part of their package and they use it as the last 2 pages of the wedding photobook - it looks awesome!

#8 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:15 PM

How funny Melissa! Thats such a great touch!

#9 MissyR

MissyR
                  • 1,210 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:17 PM

We just liked the idea of something that was really appropriate for a smaller wedding - we met them at a wedding show and fell in love with the idea - one of the true benefits of having 2 photogs! Are you bringing yours from home?

#10 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:19 PM

Yes, ours our a husband and wife team as well. We just had our engagment session last weekend. She may not be able to come, however their back up is also from L.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users