Sign in to follow this  
lucy106

Ring Bearer Age limit??

So we have recently decided to ask my niece and my FI niece to be flower girls. That leaves one nephew. He is 11 1/2 years old. Is this too old to be a ring bearer? We really dont want to add him as a junior groomsman but also dont want him to feel left out. feedback.gif

I don't think this is too old at all! With a DW, you can do whatever you want. Lots of traditions have gone out the window. Our wedding party is made up of kids UNDER the age of 15 (our GM's and BM's!)

And our ring bearer is actually our two dogs! We are going to put the rings in little organza bags and tie them to their harnesses.

I think including your nephew is a fantastic idea.

Abbie - you're bringing your dogs to Hawaii? I wish I could bring mine to Jamaica!!!!

I dn't think there ar any rules either. As long as he wants to do it, I think it is whatever you want goes.

hmm we had an older cousin who we gave a job so he didn't feel left out that his sister and cousin were in the wedding and he wasn't. I think he helped the groomsmen seat.

11 1/2 is old enough to ask him if he wants to be the ring bearer. I'd see if he thought he was too old. What does his mom think? What about asking him to be an usher?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
Abbie - you're bringing your dogs to Hawaii? I wish I could bring mine to Jamaica!!!!.
Oops, sorry for the confusion, Carly, we're using them in the Big Fake Wedding at home, HI actually has an embargo/quarantine on domestic animals travelling by air, so we have to leave them at home for the Small Real Wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
I thought that, but then figured you would know! I like the titles you used "Big Fake Wedding" "Small Real Wedding".

Ok, hijack over...
Yeah, I found I have to have a way to differentiate the two weddings when talking about them to people at work, and on here, so I started doing that way back! (BFW= 200 person home wedding, SRW= 15 person legal DW!)

Check! Hi-jack officially over
focus.gif!