12 replies to this topic

#1 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
  • Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:42 PM

Can anyone make me a "simple line" map using powerpoint or something, and the map, address and directions below (so you know what main streets to make lines of), something that I can possibly embellish further and at any rate use in my invites?

I'd like something preferably in .jpg format since it seems I'm an idiot at saving anything else.

Click the image to open in full size.

22500 SE 248th St., Maple Valley WA 98038

From I-405, take the Maple Valley Highway (exit 4) and drive south. Follow the Maple
Valley Hwy. (SR 169) approx. 12 miles. At Witte Road make a right turn. Follow Witte to
SE 248th St.--turn left onto SE 248th. Follow 248th street past the Greater Maple Valley
Community Center. The Lodge sign is straight ahead--follow signs to the Lodge parking
area.

From the south, take Hwy. 18 east to the SE 231st / Maple Valley exit. Turn right onto
SE 231st St. and right again onto the Maple Valley Hwy (SR 169 Maple Valley-Black
Diamond Rd). Continue on to Witte road--turn right. Follow Witte to SE 248th St.--turn
left onto SE 248th. Follow 248th street past the Greater Maple Valley Community Center.
The Lodge sign is straight ahead--follow signs to the Lodge parking area.

Thanks so much if anyone can help! I REALLY appreciate it as I can't seem to figure out the functions in Powerpoint.

#2 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:52 PM

Put the address in Google and hit Terrain...is that what you are looking for?

#3 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:22 AM

Well, yes and no, I'm wanting to make a map that looks hand-drawn to go in as an insert in the invites. I suppose I could use tracing paper, but I wanted it to look more finished, but I don't want to pay to use some of the services online, I wanted to be able to use my own matching paper, and size it to fit my invites.

#4 StephanieMN

StephanieMN
    • 1,798 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:31 AM

I guess I am not sure how easy that is to do. I know there are companies out there that will do it for you
      Custom Designs for your Wedding Invitations - Wedding Mapper

#5 lucy106

lucy106
      • 2,880 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:07 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by StephanieMN
        I guess I am not sure how easy that is to do. I know there are companies out there that will do it for you
        Custom Designs for your Wedding Invitations - Wedding Mapper
        Thats what I was going to suggest. I just heard of this site this morning and have been playing with it. Very easy so far.

#6 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
        • Moderators
        • 25,218 posts
        • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:09 AM

You know, I looked at that site, but didn't even see the DIY part, I'll have to check that out at home. Thanks!

#7 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:33 AM

This is how I'd do it

Click the image to open in full size.

Us the curved line tool. click, trace a road, click the point where it turns & keep tracing. Press enter when you are done.

Now that you have a line, make it bigger by right clicking on it -->format autoshape
          This is the step on the right side picture.

to add street names insert--> text box

Once it's all done Select all-->draw-->group

right click-->save as picture-->chose .jpg

#8 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
          • Moderators
          • 25,218 posts
          • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:43 AM

Thanks Morgan, I think my hardest part was what to do after I 'click, trace a road, click the point where it turns & keep tracing'. I didn't know to press 'enter' and the stupid line would go wherever I moved my mouse! It really frustrated me!
          I'll have to try it again :) You rock, still!
          And also I LOVE HEART LOVE how you use screencapture. So nice to have a visual!

#9 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:44 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by DougsGirl
            Thanks Morgan, I think my hardest part was what to do after I 'click, trace a road, click the point where it turns & keep tracing'. I didn't know to press 'enter' and the stupid line would go wherever I moved my mouse! It really frustrated me!
            I'll have to try it again :) You rock, still!
            And also I LOVE HEART LOVE how you use screencapture. So nice to have a visual!
            Yep, pressing enter is what you need.

#10 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
            • Moderators
            • 25,218 posts
            • LocationSeattle

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:00 PM

i'm getting ready to finally use these instructions, and i wanted to BUMP it in case anyone else needs a map too :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users