Photo

Any other cruise brides out there?

• Please log in to reply
212 replies to this topic

#131 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
  • 712 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:22 PM

Welcome Corinnalyn. I am getting Married in St Thomas by way of the Carnival freedom. Do you have a big group? when's ur wedding date? Like Kathy said there arent many of us cruise brides but we support eachother lol.
    TTFN.

#132 Corinnalyn

Corinnalyn
    • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:56 AM

We are getting off the ship at Montego Bay and having the wedding on the beach. No sure where. Going through Tropical Weddings with Almarie. Then after the beach wedding going to have mini reception at one of the beach restaurants (the Pier or Groovy Grouper). Still working on the kinks. So far I have about 26 people coming to the Cruise. I didn't expect that many but I still keep getting calls and more may be coming!
      I just started to work on the OOT and I am making a newspaper like information guide filled with ship info, wedding info, who is on the cruise and how we know them, and fun trivia about us too.
      We are having a Flip Flop theme wedding with aqua blue/red colors.
      My FI has two children (10 & and they are helping plan the wedding like they want a sand ceremony and helped pick the colors and theme. They are a lot of fun.
      I have a question for Cruise brides, did you have a meet and greet on the ship?

#133 Corinnalyn

Corinnalyn
      • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

Andrea your planning site was very helpful, congrats on the new baby.

#134 Corinnalyn

Corinnalyn
        • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

Andrea your planning site was very helpful, congrats on the new baby.

#135 Banana11

Banana11
          • VIP Member
          • 8,841 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 11:06 AM

Thanks Corinnalyn! We did a meet and greet at the hotel the night before the cruise. We met in the piano bar and bought drinks for everyone.

#136 merocket59

merocket59
            • 937 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 03:47 PM

I think the sail away party out be a good time for a meet and greet since you aren't getting married on embarkment day.

#137 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
              • 712 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

My plan is to gave a Meet and Greet Cocktail party. My only issue is that they dont do parties on days that aren't full sea days so I have to find out if embarkation day is considered a full sea day. If not we will have it the next day. I am giving out my OOT bags at the party as well.

To any cruise brides getting married in St Thomas where are you having ur reception. We're looking at the place called Wikkid and a few other beachy rest. We wanted Hook Line and Sinker but they couldnt accommodate our group of only 40ish ppl.. We don't want a formal place. Any ideas would be helpful.

#138 Wedded Bliss Photography

Wedded Bliss Photography
                • 199 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 01:29 AM

Hi
                  Embarkation isn't considered a full sea day. There will be an all ship sail away party out on the pool deck but there are lots of small bars that maybe they could let you reserve for an hour or so during a specific time. The first sea day (during the day) is also a good time to ask to reserve a place as they often only being used for children's activities and seminars by the spa or maybe art auction. My husband and I worked on the Carnival Freedom. Enjoy!

#139 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
                  • 712 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 09:49 AM

Please go back I need you lol. Thanks for the info...

#140 Wedded Bliss Photography

Wedded Bliss Photography
                    • 199 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:21 AM

You're welcome. Let me know if there is anything else you need info. on

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users