• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#31 MelanieS

MelanieS
  • 820 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:44 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Daizy
    I was inspired by these last week, and went to our Dollar Tree over the weekend... they had 2 packs of lip balm (some with red or orange lids, some just white) with SPF 15 and in tropical flavors! There's a Key West Lime, Caribbean Coconut, Bahamian Berry, and another one I can't remember at the moment... but you can't beat that - I may not even get to the labels now, I'm happy I found the fun flavors and they have the SPF! Just wanted to share!
    Thanks, Daizy! That is exactly what I've been looking for. How much were they?

#32 Daizy

Daizy
    • 28 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:19 AM

At our Dollar Tree, they were in the aisle with all the makeup and cotton balls, etc, and were in the 2 packs for $1 each... works out to 50 cents per lip balm, and I couldn't ask for a better price than that! Hope that helps!

They were different than the lip balm available at dollartreedirect.com, so I guess they're in-store only? Let me know if you can't find them, and I'll get the brand name from home tonight! Actually, now that I'm thinking of it, I'm pretty sure they're made by Chap-Ex, and the packaging was blue with maybe a beachy pic?... the flavors were written on the top left and right corners by the hanger cutout...

#33 MelanieS

MelanieS
      • 820 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

I just picked these up. They come in two-pack combos: Caribbean Coconut and Bahama Berry and the other combo is Key West Lime and Tahitian Tangerine. They do have SPF 15 with aloe & vitamin E added. The price was $1 for a pack of 2. Thanks, Daizy.

#34 Bride010101

Bride010101
        • 1,547 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:26 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by timelsel
          I just picked these up. They come in two-pack combos: Caribbean Coconut and Bahama Berry and the other combo is Key West Lime and Tahitian Tangerine. They do have SPF 15 with aloe & vitamin E added. The price was $1 for a pack of 2. Thanks, Daizy.
          Did you try them... did they taste okay? (I know that sounds weird... but I'm kinda picky about flavoring and waxyness of chapstick). That seems like such a great find! I am eager to go look for them here.

#35 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:28 PM

they look great!

#36 lscilley

lscilley
            • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 07:36 PM

Those look really good. Where did you buy the chapstick from?

#37 MelanieS

MelanieS
              • 820 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:42 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by naga0066
                Did you try them... did they taste okay? (I know that sounds weird... but I'm kinda picky about flavoring and waxyness of chapstick). That seems like such a great find! I am eager to go look for them here.
                I just tried the lime one - it smells quite alot like lime, even when it's on, but there is no taste whatsoever. It went on smoothly with no waxiness. The lip balm was in a separate big display on the end of the aisle at our Dollar Tree.

#38 Dez921714

Dez921714
                • 1,489 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:30 PM

Great job! They're adorable!!
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#39 sghollis

sghollis
                  • 7 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:10 PM

I love this...great idea.

#40 Polly....Prince

Polly....Prince
                    • 40 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:40 PM

Those are super cute and a great idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic